Indiana State at Penn State

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Postby MVCfans » August 30th, 2011, 7:25 am

Sycs travel to Happy Valley this weekend for the season opener. Game is scheduled for noon ET on Big Ten Network.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Indiana State at Penn State

Postby DUBulldog » August 30th, 2011, 9:56 am

The best thing that could happen for the Sycs is to come out of the game with no major injuries.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MVCfans » August 30th, 2011, 10:00 am

DUBulldog wrote:The best thing that could happen for the Sycs is to come out of the game with no major injuries.

C'mon DUB - UNI should've beat Iowa a couple of years ago. VaTech lost to James Madison, right? Every year there is a major FBS team that gets upset in the early season.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby SubGod22 » August 30th, 2011, 10:27 am

MVCfans wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:The best thing that could happen for the Sycs is to come out of the game with no major injuries.

C'mon DUB - UNI should've beat Iowa a couple of years ago. VaTech lost to James Madison, right? Every year there is a major FBS team that gets upset in the early season.
But don't they get upset, or almost, by good FCS teams? From passively reading the football threads, the Trees don't really fall into that category.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » August 30th, 2011, 10:29 am

SubGod22 wrote:
MVCfans wrote:

But don't they get upset, or almost, by good FCS teams? From passively reading the football threads, the Trees don't really fall into that category.

We'll now, let's not split hairs ;) - plus, they're both 0-0 so I won't make any assumptions about either team just yet.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby panther-state » August 30th, 2011, 4:46 pm

SubGod22 wrote:
MVCfans wrote:C'mon DUB - UNI should've beat Iowa a couple of years ago. VaTech lost to James Madison, right? Every year there is a major FBS team that gets upset in the early season.

...and Penn St. had as many Div. I wins last season as Indy. St. has had in the past 6 seasons(a big fat...7...) :o :o

I'd say that's a little more of a gap then UNI--Iowa St/Iowa or Va Tech--James Madison. Those are quality FCS programs...can't say that with a straight face about the Sycs.
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby JayJ79 » August 30th, 2011, 9:13 pm

while Indiana State football is no longer the laughingstock of the FCS that it had been for numerous years....
I don't quite see them competing with Penn State.

However, I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby panther-state » August 30th, 2011, 11:21 pm

True, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't enjoy an upset from the Sycs. An upset by any FCS team, much less an MVFC one, is good for us as a whole.
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby unipanther99 » August 31st, 2011, 10:24 am

Here's hoping the Trees continue their improvment and give Penn State one hell of a game.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby SycamorePsycho » September 1st, 2011, 8:01 am

I hope the Sycamores can keep it close. Although I think we are much improved and return a ton of starters, the nittany lions will be a little too much for us to handle. Don't be surprised if the Sycamores make it a game for a half though....
SycamorePsycho
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to College and NFL Football