UNI at Iowa State

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Re: UNI at Iowa State

Postby panther-state » September 4th, 2011, 1:17 pm

Penalties and terrible kicking (KO's and punts) killed the Panthers. All but the final ISU td had to go under review and that was a 3-4th attempted QB sneak. Frankly the only reason I think the first 2 were held up was because the were originally called TD's and there wasnt enough evidence to overturn them. If I they're called a stop/incomplete as I originally thought they were, ISU comes out with only one legitimate TD. ISU still won and nothing can change that now.

I still have no reason to believe that UNI won't repeat as the conference champs this year, as the defense looked dominant, Rennie played very well and David Johnson looked like another legitimate running threat for the Panthers. We could easily have 3 of the top 5-10 rushers in the league this year and he is a bruising and powerful runner to complement Carlos. The FCS better be wary of the Cats
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleychamp » September 4th, 2011, 3:28 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:UNI never seems to be able to get the job done. Look at the game at Trice a few years ago when they missed a late FG. Look at the game in Iowa City in 2009, missed the game winning FG twice due to an agregious referreeing error that gave them a second chance. And then last night. It is great that they are close to their instate brethren that give them little thought, but they got to get the job done sometime if they want the respect.

You are an idiot.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 4th, 2011, 4:08 pm

unipanther99 wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:UNI never seems to be able to get the job done. Look at the game at Trice a few years ago when they missed a late FG. Look at the game in Iowa City in 2009, missed the game winning FG twice due to an agregious referreeing error that gave them a second chance. And then last night. It is great that they are close to their instate brethren that give them little thought, but they got to get the job done sometime if they want the respect.

I respect your opinion when you say UNI can't finish big games, although 2007 was obviously an exception to that.

As for 2009 in Iowa City, there was no officiating error. The clock was properly stopped after the first kick was blocked and recovered by UNI. The NCAA rule book says the clock stops at the end of every kicking down, and the ball was definitely kicked.

As for last night's game, both defenses had a great first half, and it seems like they both got tired as the game wore on. Having a few less bodies, maybe UNI's defense was more tired, and that was probably the difference.

Glad you cleared up the 2009 game. I remember watching it on tv. Thanks for the insight on that and the game last night as well.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to College and NFL Football