Missouri State Game One Thoughts

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 4th, 2011, 10:12 am

If you look at the score and just the score I think you might get the wrong impression about the game. I expected us to play with them until late when their extra scholarships, speed, and size would take over. What I didn't realize was how good the Hawgs were...they look to me like a team that could win it all. A better team than what other Valley schools will ever see. Light years better than those slow Northerners in Happy Valley that ISU Blue had to play.

To get back on subject, we played much better in the second half. I'm not delusional enough to think that we would beat them more than 10-15 times if we played them a hundred times consecutively, but I think we will show better in Eugene, OR. I wouldn't expect a win or anything but I expect them to remember us in the Pacific Northwest. Watching a replay of LSU/Oregon, I think Arkansas is much better than either one. If Oregon keeps committing penalties and turnovers, we can hang in the game for a bit.

I know most people will look at the score of last night and think taht we are going to have a subpar year, but I still think we can sneak into the playoffs if everything goes right. I loved our schemes, it's just hard to appreciate them when you are facing a national championship caliber team. I watched a bit of Indiana State and everypne seemed stuck in molasses. Those Penn Staters on defense seemed like you could time their 40 yard dash with a sundial. I did not seem UNI and I-State. Seems like the Panthers gave a good account of themselves but Iowa State is an awful team. Going to be an interesting year in the MVFC.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Missouri State Game One Thoughts

Postby panther-state » September 4th, 2011, 12:59 pm

There is little you can say to make me believe that anyone other than you or Western Illinois will be in 10th at the end of the season. The Bears have done nothing to make anyone believe otherwise and probably never will
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby valleychamp » September 4th, 2011, 3:29 pm

lol at Casey.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » September 4th, 2011, 7:59 pm

Arkansas will finish no better than 3rd in the SEC west. No where close to the NC, but they will likely beat some northern team in whatever.com bowl they play in.

I don't see anything from this result that leads to me to fear anything about the Bears. Maybe after their trip to Oregon I might see something, but I think they get thumped pretty well there and make the ISU-Penn State game seem close.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » September 4th, 2011, 9:36 pm

Holy s*** you're stooooopid
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » September 6th, 2011, 9:15 am

The Arkansas game was a complete dumpster fire. Bears looked horrible and the entire game was an embarrassment. The Pacific Northwest may remember the Bears in a couple of weeks, but it will be because it was the game that finally answered the question, "should we have three digits on the scoreboard?"

Casey, you will not find a bigger and more loyal Bears fan than me, but our football program ran off the rails years ago and we simply haven't invested enough money or resources into our program to do anything but hope for MVFC mediocrity. Take off the maroon colored glasses every once in a while.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 6th, 2011, 11:48 am

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:The Arkansas game was a complete dumpster fire. Bears looked horrible and the entire game was an embarrassment. The Pacific Northwest may remember the Bears in a couple of weeks, but it will be because it was the game that finally answered the question, "should we have three digits on the scoreboard?"

Casey, you will not find a bigger and more loyal Bears fan than me, but our football program ran off the rails years ago and we simply haven't invested enough money or resources into our program to do anything but hope for MVFC mediocrity. Take off the maroon colored glasses every once in a while.

I hope for more than mediocrity. We have the ability to dominate at the FCS level if everyone got on board. We would have a chance to excel at FBS too if that happened. Terry Allen was very successful at UNI and Kansas, it isn't like he forgot how to coach. It is a case of a community needing to support the program and maintain a positive outlook. Eastern Kentucky is a good ballclub, but we should expect to beat them this week. We have top 25 FCS talent on this squad and we have one of the greatest coaching minds in college football on our sideline, we just have to mesh the two and get Springfield excited. That is the recipe, I think we are agonizingly close, we just have to get over that final hurdle.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » September 6th, 2011, 12:07 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:The Arkansas game was a complete dumpster fire. Bears looked horrible and the entire game was an embarrassment. The Pacific Northwest may remember the Bears in a couple of weeks, but it will be because it was the game that finally answered the question, "should we have three digits on the scoreboard?"

I hope for more than mediocrity. We have the ability to dominate at the FCS level if everyone got on board. We would have a chance to excel at FBS too if that happened. Terry Allen was very successful at UNI and Kansas, it isn't like he forgot how to coach. It is a case of a community needing to support the program and maintain a positive outlook. Eastern Kentucky is a good ballclub, but we should expect to beat them this week. We have top 25 FCS talent on this squad and we have one of the greatest coaching minds in college football on our sideline, we just have to mesh the two and get Springfield excited. That is the recipe, I think we are agonizingly close, we just have to get over that final hurdle.

1. EKU is not good.

2. Terry Allen was successfull because of UNI...not the other way around.

3. Terry Allen was not successful at Kansas . He was 21-35 in 5 years. Take his years at UNI away and he is 44-67 as a head coach.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » September 6th, 2011, 12:13 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:To get back on subject, we played much better in the second half. I'm not delusional enough to think that we would beat them more than 10-15 times if we played them a hundred times consecutively, but I think we will show better in Eugene, OR.

This might be the craziest statement ever made on this board. It is unlikely that MSU would beat Arkansas even once in a 100 game series. In basketball, it's much easier to accept a statement like that because a single player can have such an influence on the outcome, but not in football.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » September 8th, 2011, 5:03 pm

Casey I'll say this - you've sure got guts trying to put a positive spin on our Bears annihilation at the hands of the Razorbacks. Especially on the MVC forum.

I hope you are right and we finally have a decent season. But I'm afraid that won't be the case. I just don't see how we "have the ability to dominate at the FCS level"? When have we ever shown that?

I admire your optimism though.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to College and NFL Football