Missouri State Coaching Search

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Re: Missouri State Coaching Search

Postby agrinut » November 20th, 2012, 9:05 am

valleychamp wrote:They can't afford to buy him out--he has two years left on his contract. He was never going to be fired.

Technically he has 12 months and 11 days left as his contract is done on December 1, 2013. but yes the 500,000 plus it takes to buy him out is not going to be paid. Casey, seriously you are so disconnected from reality i fear for your safety sometimes.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 20th, 2012, 1:19 pm

I guess I simply thought that some rich booster would be willing to foot at least part of the bill to get rid of him. There are plenty of good coaches in this country that could win big in Springfield that would come here for the kind of coin that we pay Terry Allen. I just hate the lame duck thing. We could start the process now but instead we have to wait at least a year to do what could be done today if the rich booster would just stand up.

We aren't Maryland but I heard reports that the UnderArmour creator dude is from there and he is going to pay the entire $50 million penalty owed to the ACC all by himself. I have to think that we could get a big group of our big time boosters together and combined they could account for 1/100th of that amount. Heck some Kansas booster spent like $4 million just to buy the Naismith version of the rules to basketball. It's just really old paper.

Maybe we just need to hire Sally Struthers and put together a little informercial: "For as little as a penny a day you can help get rid of our spectacularly awful football coach. Give today please. Desperate MSU football fans can feel what it is like to win again...etc." I know I'd pick up the phone.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » November 22nd, 2012, 9:43 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I guess I simply thought that some rich booster would be willing to foot at least part of the bill to get rid of him. There are plenty of good coaches in this country that could win big in Springfield that would come here for the kind of coin that we pay Terry Allen. I just hate the lame duck thing. We could start the process now but instead we have to wait at least a year to do what could be done today if the rich booster would just stand up.

We aren't Maryland but I heard reports that the UnderArmour creator dude is from there and he is going to pay the entire $50 million penalty owed to the ACC all by himself. I have to think that we could get a big group of our big time boosters together and combined they could account for 1/100th of that amount. Heck some Kansas booster spent like $4 million just to buy the Naismith version of the rules to basketball. It's just really old paper.

Maybe we just need to hire Sally Struthers and put together a little informercial: "For as little as a penny a day you can help get rid of our spectacularly awful football coach. Give today please. Desperate MSU football fans can feel what it is like to win again...etc." I know I'd pick up the phone.

Casey, you post some odd sh!t on here at times, but that last paragraph had me in tears from laughing so hard, if I ever see Sally Struthers on my TV asking for $$ to get rid of TA I'm calling in just because this post made me laugh so much. Good work! And I'm not even a grad of MSU.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 26th, 2012, 5:26 pm

My neighbor is a Purdue alum and subscribes to their Rivals site. Apparently there has been much speculation that Dave Doeren of Northern Illinois will be named their next football coach and that Terry Allen could possibly be coming with him as some sort of Special Teams/Associate Head Coach type of role. Guess he might rather leave now rather than be fired next year. I don't see anything concrete yet but I think this is a possibility because Doeren has KC and KU ties so they might know each other well. We'll have to see.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 14th, 2013, 10:02 pm

Bumpity, bumpity, bumpity, bump. This HAS to be the last year that this Terry Allen man torments me from our sideline. Right? I'll help pack his bags. Honestly. I would gladly help him move.

Unreal loss yet again. Same tired refrain we keep hearing game after game, year after year. Maybe I have had one too many Michelob Ultra's tonight. Check that I definitely have. But I see opportunity out of this mess. How about for the UCA game next week we increase campus awareness by letting some random Alpha Chi girl play the role of offensive coordinator? She can dial up all the plays. And then the ladies from Gamma Phi can line up and play defense? Or at least the secondary. I doubt it would be any worse. I bet you they could jam a WR at the line better. Restore my faith in humanity Kyle Moats and let this happen.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » September 15th, 2013, 12:23 am

I'm appreciative of the fact that you are willing to bump this thread to remind everyone how ignorant you are. Well done.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » September 15th, 2013, 7:57 am

valleychamp wrote:I'm appreciative of the fact that you are willing to bump this thread to remind everyone how ignorant you are. Well done.

Hes just trying to be funny. Sometimes he is sometimes not. Bears fans are pretty embarrassed by our football team and at this point laughing about it is about all we have.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to College and NFL Football