Missouri State Coaching Search

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 26th, 2011, 6:14 pm

I was all for Coach Allen this whole time. I did not waver. Until the EKU game. It is time for him to go. Only a crazy person would say otherwise at this point. So now we must look forward to getting someone who can actually coach. I feel the standards should be high at Missouri State University. We ask for excellence from our professors and students. We should expect the same from sports teams. The goal should be to build a program that can contend for FCS national titles if we stay at this level. Or it should be someone that can guide us to Conference USA titles if we move up. With that in mind I have made a list of candidates in no real order.

1. Tom Matukewicz, LBS coach at the University of Northern Illinois (UNI). Well regarded fellow who is beloved in Carbondale. Knows the Valley, has high energy. Going to be a big winner someday.

2. Andy Hill, WR coach at Missou. A native of Trenton, MO much like yours truly. Big time recruiter. I despise Mu but this man is legit. He would do well.

3. Tim Beck, Pittsburg State. Long time assistant there. Good, loyal guy.

4. Tim McGuire, offensive coordinator SEMO. My OVC contacts say he is an X's and O's dynamo. The mad, scheming genius of the Ohio Valley. Seems like it might fit in Springfield. Plus he has to be dying to leave Cape Girardeau and live in a place that has a mall and nice restaurants.

5. Tim Brewster, ex head coach at Minnesota. Huge recruiting ties to Texas. Could be a huge benefit if we join the Texas heavy Conference USA.

6. Les Koennig, offensive coordinator at Mississippi State. Has coordinating experience at Texas A&m too. Told he is energetic in his age too.

7. Mark Mangino, ex Kansas coach. I know our last coach came from there and that Mark has had issues with his weight. But he is a staunch disciplinarian and an innovator. We could use both qualtites.

8. Sam Venuto, offensive coordiantor at Villanova. He is an easterner and could be a culture shock from Philly. But I hear he is a good X and O er. Surround him with energetic recruiters and our Bears might march down the field on Saturdays.

9. Jim Tressel ex the Ohio State coach. Let's get the violations at OSU out of the way right now and Youngstown too because he was a known cheater there too. He can handle the heat, I doubt anyhting will come to him for it. I'd have him if he was willing to come to Springfield.

10. Bill Parcells ex NFL. This one is for the WUShock fans who think that he will come out of retirement to resustitate there team. If he'd be willing to come back to his alma matar, then he'll come to Springfield righ? Just kidding of course.

I just kind of threw this together. In hindsight it is heavy with elderly white men which is probably not great. I look forward to others input as we get closer to the End Times for Gameball, Goofy Terry Allen. Get your licks in Valley fans while you can because Change is coming in Springfield and we will turn it around.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Missouri State Coaching Search

Postby MSUDuo » September 26th, 2011, 7:20 pm

Terry Allen isn't going anywhere.

1) I think they still win 4-6 games this year. After what they lost last year, I would take that in a hearbeat.

2) With the schedule setup the way it was, Allen had no chance at success. Maybe the schedule gods will be a little easier on the Bears next year and we can build some momentum at the end of this season.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby JayJ79 » September 26th, 2011, 9:19 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:1. Tom Matukewicz, LBS coach at the University of Northern Illinois (UNI). Well regarded fellow who is beloved in Carbondale. Knows the Valley, has high energy. Going to be a big winner someday.

Northern Illinois is not UNI, it is NIU.
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby panther-state » September 27th, 2011, 10:43 pm

I'm trying to figure out which 4-6 Valley teams are bad enough to lose to MSU....I can only think of WIU and SDSU. Everyone else is much better than the Bears so unless you catch them napping its going to be another futile season
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 28th, 2011, 6:48 pm

What concerns me with two BCS teams on the sched this year and next year is that Moats has a deal with Allen to keep him. Gameball Allen will never get us over the hump and I am tired of the mediocrity. I don't know if boycotting games would do enough to dent the bottom line to cause Moats too act. I had thought about the idea of maybe getting everybody to walk out during the Indiana State game. We could leave midway throught the first quarter. It would show that we are serious and make a statement. But it would be respectful. We just need to let the a.d. know that the current situation in football is unacceptable and he needs to start caring. It is really sad when the thousands of dieheart fans that pay good money for season tickets care more than the coaches, players, and administration. I know some guys on those playoff teams from the early 90,s and they are really upset to.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » September 29th, 2011, 12:00 am

panther-state wrote:I'm trying to figure out which 4-6 Valley teams are bad enough to lose to MSU....I can only think of WIU and SDSU. Everyone else is much better than the Bears so unless you catch them napping its going to be another futile season

I don't expect outsiders to have faith in this team. Heck, it is hard for me to. But after seeing what we kind of did against EKU and took #13 SIU to the last seconds, I have hope.

With that said, nothing ISU-red, SDSU, WIU, or YSU has done has impressed me. We get ISU-r, ISU-b, and SDSU at home. All 3 could be wins. Throw in YSU and WIU as toss ups and you have your 4-5.

We also beat NDSU last year 3-0. Yes, I know it was at home. But it was also with one of the worst defense in the history of college football.

Is UNI perfect? Who says we can't win that game at home?

That's why we play the games. I'm not saying your'e wrong. We very well could go 0-fer. But it isn't totally stupid to think that we could also win 4+ games this year.

For what it is worth, I find it funny you say "bad enough to loss to MSU"...MSU if far from one of the worst teams in FCS. "Bad enough to loss to" should be saved for teams like Savannah State or what ISU-blue used to be. We just happen to play in a very strong league with some very powerful teams. Not to mention we went and scheduled 2 #15 BCS teams this year...Indiana State has gotten it turned around. One of these days MSU will too (I know, you've heard that every year for the past 20 years)
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby panther-state » September 29th, 2011, 3:33 pm

MSUDuo wrote:With that said, nothing ISU-red, SDSU, WIU, or YSU has done has impressed me. We get ISU-r, ISU-b, and SDSU at home. All 3 could be wins. Throw in YSU and WIU as toss ups and you have your 4-5.

The fact that YSU hung with Michigan St. for quite some time impressed me. Once again there hasn't been much to be optimistic about in Bear-land for awhile and I don't see that changing anytime soon. In all honesty Western Illinois is the only time I see you guys beating and that's a toss up.
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MSUDuo » September 29th, 2011, 10:38 pm

panther-state wrote:
MSUDuo wrote:With that said, nothing ISU-red, SDSU, WIU, or YSU has done has impressed me. We get ISU-r, ISU-b, and SDSU at home. All 3 could be wins. Throw in YSU and WIU as toss ups and you have your 4-5.

The fact that YSU hung with Michigan St. for quite some time impressed me. Once again there hasn't been much to be optimistic about in Bear-land for awhile and I don't see that changing anytime soon. In all honesty Western Illinois is the only time I see you guys beating and that's a toss up.

I'll give you that one. I totally forgot about the Michigan State game
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby panther-state » October 1st, 2011, 3:03 pm

Missouri State looked sick today against the Panthers, and the Panther defense didn't look as dominant as usual. Certainly some talent on that Bear offense but overall Terry Allen looked lost and unengaged and the Panthers picked MSU apart. Rennie may have only rushed for about 40 yds but man I have never seen him look so strong and comfortable as a passer. He controlled that game the entire time he was on the field. Good luck in the future Bear fans, I think you will manage about 2-3 wins this season afterall, but I think TA needs to get the ax. That wasn't Terry Allen football
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » October 1st, 2011, 11:21 pm

2 wins for the bears this year....max.

WIU and SDSU are the only games I see MSU having a chance, and even at that they are a toss up.

UNI looked sluggish today and still won 42-7
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to College and NFL Football