Missouri State Coaching Search

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Re: Missouri State Coaching Search

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 29th, 2011, 6:25 pm

uniftw wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Boycotting is one way to show them that we mean business. I've already broken down since I posted this but I will not by concessions and give MSU more $ as long as Allen is here. Not even one pop or nachos.

So...you're willing to hurt then entire athletic department (and maybe their chances of that coveted CUSA invite you've been after)?

Holy s***...you give retards a bad name.

I don't appreciate your dig at the mentally challenged and impaired. I am fair game but to bring innocent people into this is bad form on your part.

Now to address your question it was a thought on my part. I was pretty upset at the time and was trying to think of ways to show those in charge my displeasure. Other MSU fans are upset too, but the silent majority seem to have no issue and that does frustrate me. The chances of us putting together a successful boycott are remoted but if we could at least some people would take notice at the top. That is all we can do as fans.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 29th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Chuck wrote:Isn't this the guy who "Broke" the Conference USA invite and now he is talking about trying to hurt the bottom line. Dose of reality, if you try to hurt the bottom line you won't be moving conferences anytime soon or it will come down to one person "protesting" and everyone else laughing.

It does bother me that the Conference USA issue follows me when others were saying the same. I never broke any story I just was reporting what some people that had sources were saying. I'll just stop there. It frustrates me that people dog me pretty regularly. Good day.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » December 1st, 2011, 1:39 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
Chuck wrote:Isn't this the guy who "Broke" the Conference USA invite and now he is talking about trying to hurt the bottom line. Dose of reality, if you try to hurt the bottom line you won't be moving conferences anytime soon or it will come down to one person "protesting" and everyone else laughing.

It does bother me that the Conference USA issue follows me when others were saying the same. I never broke any story I just was reporting what some people that had sources were saying. I'll just stop there. It frustrates me that people dog me pretty regularly. Good day.

Casey, you were the one that kept it going for weeks after it had died. Therefore it is your burden to carry
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby uniftw » July 7th, 2012, 2:23 pm

Sounds as though this is TA's last year....and it cost them a fairly highly rated transfer QB from SMU.

Pulled straight from bear-nation:

"Art said on his show today that Kaiser was all set to come here but the Springfield News Leader article saying TA was done after this year scared him and his parents and he backed out."

The Kaiser being referred too is rSo 6'3 222lb QB Stephen Kaiser. His profile from SMU states:
"A three-star Rivals.com and Scout.com recruit... Ranked as the No. 17 quarterback in the nation by Scouts, Inc.... Ranked as the 16th-best player in Missouri by Rivals... Completed 101 of 186 pass attempts for 1,769 yards, 25 touchdowns and just three interceptions in 2009... Posted a QB Rating of 120.936... Team finished 12-1... A second-team All-State pick by the Associated Press and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch... First-team All-Metro Catholic Conference"

Want to know the REAL kicker out of this? Guess where he apparently ended up? Reports are saying he has been at UNI since that happened! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » July 7th, 2012, 3:25 pm

If this is true about Kaiser, congratulations UNI fans on getting a soft kid from the softest high school in the state of Missouri. Kid was scared of competition at SMU once Gilbert got there. He has average zip on the balls he throws. He looks tough in the pocket if you watch his HS Rivals tape but let us not forget that at DeSmet he was regulary playing against schools that were not of the same caliber. He would legitimately have 10 guys on his offense that were vastly superior to the opposition. Mighty easy to look good on tape in that situation. Only the few that really study QB mechanics know the real story and they'd agree with me.

If it went down as rumored it is pretty shameful of Farley to do that to his mentor. I have very few kind words to say about Terry Allen but he is at least a man of integrity who wouldn't go snooping around at fellow conference schools for kids already enrolled in summer school. I won't say more right now because I don't know all the facts but if it went down as I suspect trust me there is going to bad blood between MSU and UNI. It'll be ugly.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » July 7th, 2012, 3:32 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:If this is true about Kaiser, congratulations UNI fans on getting a soft kid from the softest high school in the state of Missouri. Kid was scared of competition at SMU once Gilbert got there. He has average zip on the balls he throws. He looks tough in the pocket if you watch his HS Rivals tape but let us not forget that at DeSmet he was regulary playing against schools that were not of the same caliber. He would legitimately have 10 guys on his offense that were vastly superior to the opposition. Mighty easy to look good on tape in that situation. Only the few that really study QB mechanics know the real story and they'd agree with me.

If it went down as rumored it is pretty shameful of Farley to do that to his mentor. I have very few kind words to say about Terry Allen but he is at least a man of integrity who wouldn't go snooping around at fellow conference schools for kids already enrolled in summer school. I won't say more right now because I don't know all the facts but if it went down as I suspect trust me there is going to bad blood between MSU and UNI. It'll be ugly.

From the way it sounds...he contacted UNI.....
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » July 7th, 2012, 3:48 pm

Yeah that might change things slightly. I'm going to try to give UNI the benefit of the doubt here but it still looks and smells at best a little bit bush league. Time will tell.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 23rd, 2012, 9:22 am

Time to rekindle this thread. I hate our football program right now and am not going back to a game until Terry Allen is gonzo. I am living this college football season vicariously through K-State and that is going well for me. It is the one football bright spot since both Missouri State and the KC Chiefs are specatularly horrible.

Here is my current list of potential replacements that I worked on throughout last night:

Rod Reed, Tennessee State-I have heard through my OVC guy that he would listen.
Todd Monken, asst at Okie State-Probably a pipedream but he has the credentials and I love that offense.
Andy Hill, asst at MU-Was interested in the past. Great record as JUCO coach a decade ago.
Tom Matukewicz, asst at Toledo-Well regarded after his time in Carbondale.
Paul Petrino, asst at Arkansas-Could be a fit if he wants his own program.
Tony Samuel, SEMO-He is supposedly intrigued if we commit to big time college football.

DeAndre Smith is not happening folks. It is time to get realistic.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 19th, 2012, 5:40 pm

I cannot believe that it is coming to his but I have heard from a source who would know that Terry Allen is going to be retained for next season. I cannot fully express the level of dejection and frustration that I feel from a football perspective. This is a critical juncture moving forward with realignment and instead of putting our best foot forward we let Terry Allen keep his job.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » November 19th, 2012, 5:49 pm

They can't afford to buy him out--he has two years left on his contract. He was never going to be fired.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to College and NFL Football