Congrats to UNI

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Congrats to UNI

Postby glm38 » October 1st, 2011, 4:09 pm

My congratulations to UNI on the win against the Bears. Really more of a demolition than a game. There was some hope at the half but we just got blown out in the 2nd half. UNI has really put together a good team (again). I sure wish we could get to that level one of these years.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Congrats to UNI

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Congrats to UNI

Postby panther-state » October 3rd, 2011, 6:08 pm

Where is Casey? I miss him :Violin:
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » October 5th, 2011, 8:52 pm

panther-state wrote:Where is Casey? I miss him :Violin:

What are you saying? Are you implying my posts aren't as entertaining by comparision???
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby panther-state » October 6th, 2011, 12:10 am

glm38 wrote:

What are you saying? Are you implying my posts aren't as entertaining by comparision???

Yes, that is pretty much exactly what I'm saying. Guys like Casey and Grillz entertain me with their delusions and and garbage spewing (okay that's just Grillz). You are nothing like them since you don't go out looking for a fight or post ridiculous riff raff that is just too easy to pick apart. And because of that you take out all the fun of kicking the Bears in the groin while they are on the ground ;)

It's kinda like how everyone gets a kick out of Lakesbison and JBB for anyone else who has the displeasure of knowing them. They're like that itch on your ass while you're in the middle of a presentation. It just keeps bugging you but you know the consequences if you acknowledge it....and yet you do it anyway.

F*** did anyone follow that? :huh:
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » October 6th, 2011, 5:24 pm

I am here. Congratualtions on your win over the rudderless ship that is MSU football. It's not like we are good at football right now. Players and coaches have quit. It is sad when the die heart fans are the only ones that seem to care. Allen gets his check and goes happily home each game.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby panther-state » October 6th, 2011, 6:16 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:

I am here. Congratualtions on your win over the rudderless ship that is MSU football. It's not like we are good at football right now. Players and coaches have quit. It is sad when the die heart fans are the only ones that seem to care. Allen gets his check and goes happily home each game.

There he is. I like this guy. Might be a bit out there from time to time but I hope you come tailgate in CF sometime in the near future. :Cheers:
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » October 7th, 2011, 1:26 pm

I'm not a die hard fan like you are. Basketball yes, football no. But I do still care about the football program. My father actually played a year of MSU football back in the 50's. Rudderless is a good way to describe our program. To me it's mind boggling that we have losing seasons year after year. It's embarrassing.

But just because we suck doesn't diminish what UNI did to us. They beat us as badly (or close to it) as Arkansas and Oregon did.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » October 7th, 2011, 6:50 pm

It's not like your program has ever been good. Only 1 conference title since moving D1...and that was 1989, I doubt any of your players were born yet, if they were they were less than a couple months old.

Since 2000 MSU has been outscored by it's opponents 7 out of 11 seasons, and soon to be 8 of 12. I'd bet that if you take away the "cupcake" games (sub D1's and D1 teams like InSU) it's almost every year MSU gets outscored over that time frame.

Never in program history has MSU won more than 10 games, and only twice in program history has MSU won 10 games...1940 and 1989

MSU has more seasons (45) finishing without a winning record, than they do with a winning record (39). Take away seasons of finishing 1 game over .500 (so they have to have at least 2 more win's than losses) and they only have 28 of those. In fact MSU is under .500 as a program during it's entire history.

MSU is a rudderless ship, and has been for all but 8 (that's how many conference titles MSU has in program history) of the schools 99 year football history. This year is the 100th season of MSU football (from all the records I found) and it will be year 46 under .500.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » October 7th, 2011, 7:01 pm

Those are some brutal stats. I could have gone a long time (like the rest of my life) without seeing those! Now I'm really depressed. I congratulate UNI on the win and you rake MSU over the coals?

But.....Bring on the basketball season. Great year last year and despite losing 4 seniors - most Bears fans are very optimistic about this coming season.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to College and NFL Football