Indiana State @ UNI

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Indiana State @ UNI

Postby panther-state » October 3rd, 2011, 6:28 pm

#14 Sycamores making the trip this weekend to take on the #2 Panthers in what is surely the biggest matchup of this young MVFC season so far.

It's UNI homecoming and the Dome will be rocking without a doubt, but hopefully UNI doesn't forget, in all the homecoming festivities, that this isn't the Indiana State team that last came to the Dome. This is a solid team with a strong offense and they will be ready to avenge all of those @**-kickings the Panthers had been handing them up until last year.

Both teams will need to bring their best if they want to win. Strong offenses on both sides of the ball, very evenly matched in that department, but so far UNI's defense has been much stingier at keeping opponents off the scoreboard and that might be the difference (the defense that this...obviously points are going to be the literal deciding factor). The Panthers will need to tackle better than they did down in Springfield (or Shakir Bell will tear our turf to S***!!) and the special teams outside of Sievertsen, will need to execute better. Honestly I think it's a toss up but I'm hoping the Panthers can pull out a W as a birthday present (and no I will not be 48, Syc fans) so: UNI 34 InSt 24

Let's hear your thoughts everyone, but not on how annoying you think I am Dgreen ;) Let's save that for another time.
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Indiana State @ UNI

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Indiana State @ UNI

Postby panther-state » October 3rd, 2011, 6:43 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to leave out everyone else from the fun. Also in action this week will be:

Illinois State (2-3, 1-2) travels to Springfield to take on the Missouri St. Bears (0-2, 0-5)

Da Byzin of North Dakota State (1-0, 4-0) will clash with Southern Illinois (1-1, 2-2; lets see if SIU can rebound from a big loss and get back in the race)

South Dakota St. (0-2, 1-4) looks for its first conference win against potential dark horse Youngstown St. (1-1, 2-2)

Interesting week of match-ups, but no doubt that Indiana St-UNI will be the one to keep an on this weekend. Good luck everyone....especially the Saluki's
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SycamorePsycho » October 5th, 2011, 8:36 am

ISU vs. UNI should be a great game....hopefully the Syc's can pull off the upset ;)
SycamorePsycho
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Sycamore_DevilDog » October 5th, 2011, 8:54 am

I'm hoping it is a great game. There can be no denying that Northern Iowa has a great football program and reputation for consistency. It will be a tall order for the Sycamore to pull out a win. IF, INSU could pull out a win it would say volumes about the turnaround of the program orchestrated by Coach Miles and the commitment made by President Bradley and A.D. Prettyman for the program.
A U.S. Marine: No better friend, no worse enemy.
Sycamore_DevilDog
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby panther-state » October 5th, 2011, 9:24 am

Sycamore_DevilDog wrote:I'm hoping it is a great game. There can be no denying that Northern Iowa has a great football program and reputation for consistency. It will be a tall order for the Sycamore to pull out a win. IF, INSU could pull out a win it would say volumes about the turnaround of the program orchestrated by Coach Miles and the commitment made by President Bradley and A.D. Prettyman for the program.

That might actually be an understatement considering that the last time INSU came to the Dome (2009) I believe they had that ungodly losing streak to deal with. I'm hoping we can still dispatch of the Sycs with a good ol' ass whoopin' but I know that it will be a night and day difference from the team that visited two years ago. Bell better bring his lucky cleats because we have a couple Buchanan Award candidates that are ready to keep him in check....I can only hope we are capable of that or it's going to be a long birthday
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ali » October 5th, 2011, 1:09 pm

Extreme props to the Sycs. It was just a couple of weeks ago that some people here were trashing a couple of exciteable Indiana St fans who believe they had turned the corner. It looks like they were right.

Should be a fun atmosphere on Saturday.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jlandrus11 » October 10th, 2011, 10:45 am

UNI 23

Indiana State 9

FINAL
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby valleychamp » October 10th, 2011, 10:47 am

I was impressed with Indiana St. That was a really good, hard-nosed football team that played with great confidence. Shakir Bell is a tremendous player and he is the real deal.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » October 10th, 2011, 10:48 am

jlandrus11 wrote:UNI 23

Indiana State 9

FINAL

And the game was closer than the final indicated. This is not your older brother's Indiana State football team. The Sycs are for real, and I wouldn't be suprised to meet them again in the playoffs.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby jlandrus11 » October 10th, 2011, 10:49 am

It'd be really nice to be in the playoffs after not long ago having the nation's longest losing streak.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to College and NFL Football