Indiana State - What College Football is Supposed to Be

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Postby sycamorestateofmind » October 11th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Spoiler alert - this article has no mention of Jake Odum or anyone pretending to be Jake Odum. Just a great article about what was the worst football program in the nation and should have probably been taken off the books rather than rebuilt from the ground up. It's probably to soon to say we've come all the way back, but we've come a heck of a long way. This article is pretty solid - think what you want about the Sycamores, just a good read about doing things the right way!

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... est-100711

Go Sycamores!
sycamorestateofmind
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Indiana State - What College Football is Supposed to Be

Postby unipanther99 » October 11th, 2011, 1:02 pm

Good read. Although the comment about the "cheap shot" on Bell was overstated IMO. It was correctly called a Personal Foul, but I really don't think there was any intent. Both players heads went down. Personal foul, yes. Cheap shot, no.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Re: Indiana State - What College Football is Supposed to Be

Postby sycamorestateofmind » October 12th, 2011, 5:14 pm

For the record I am one of the few Sycamore fans who agrees with you. I don't think it was a cheap shot either - I thought the kid was just trying to finish the play. I watched it on TV and it was a bang bang play - the kid didn't try to hurt Bell. I actually talked to someone standing on the Sycamores sideline (not a player or coach) that said it wasn't a cheap shot.
sycamorestateofmind
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Return to College and NFL Football