Missouri State: Time to Drop Football?

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » October 15th, 2011, 9:21 pm

Another horrid Terry Allen performance. I have seen enough to go beyond questioning the man now I question having a football team. What a drain and waste on our other programs at MSU. I have held out hope for a move up to D1 football maybe causing more interest in SW Missouri. But now I am having a hard time seeing us ever amounting to much on the gridiron. We have a great athletics program, better than anyone else in the Valley. Think how good we could be if we poored all of our money there? Instead of wasting it on football.

What hurts the most is to see the lack of caring with our players and coaches. They are a bunch of quitters. That angers me. We need to decide very soon if it is worth it to continue funding this disaster. No one cares about FCS anyhow, I'm not sure what it matters. Thank God basketball is here and hopefully our Bears and Lady Bears are up to the challenge. The football program has let us all down.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Missouri State: Time to Drop Football?

Postby MSUDuo » October 15th, 2011, 9:39 pm

Football is not going anywhere. The impact it has on campus is worth so much more than just the results from on the field.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby valleychamp » October 15th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Your delusions are only outdone by your misuse of the English language Casey.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » October 16th, 2011, 4:56 pm

I think MSU needs to bring back men's cross country and men's track and field, they always had good teams, and the MVC needs more mens track and field teams anyway.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » October 16th, 2011, 5:14 pm

C-USA being a done deal to dropping football in a matter of months. How sad.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » October 17th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Casey.....remember what I pointed out stat after stat after stat after stat that proved MSU wasn't 1/5th the program you thought they were, and you told me I was wrong?

Oh....and you already play D1 football....
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » October 17th, 2011, 7:58 pm

isumvc1 wrote:I think MSU needs to bring back men's cross country and men's track and field, they always had good teams, and the MVC needs more mens track and field teams anyway.

I am in 100 hundred percent total agreement with this. Absolutely. We can clearly win and nearly dominate in those sports.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » October 17th, 2011, 8:09 pm

AndShock wrote:C-USA being a done deal to dropping football in a matter of months. How sad.

It is just frustrating where we are at. Missouri State has a chance to be a real power at whatever level we compete at. Sadly for us those in charge care more about being like Louisville than making us a power. If we can't committ 100 hundred percent to football then we are doomed. I am ashamed at the current record of the Bears, that is a joke. I don't care about the two BCS games, Allen has to get the job done or risk being exposed as a blithering fool. Yes I thought we were in CUSA, I still think we will end up there.

I believe that Missouri State can be a football powerhouse that our Bears can be great. Look at Kansas State, they are in the tiny town of Manhattan, much smaller than Springfield and look what they have become. We have that potential, to be something but those in charge just want to do it the way it has always been done. No visionaries in charge, just incompetent boobs. If we don't develop a vision then yes we are better off dropping the program and giving the Lady Bears more money for assistants and recruiting budget. Because we can win there. Like the recently departed Al Davis said, Just Win Baby. Right now we are what 0-6, 0-7. I lost track. The losses have changed my outlook so sue me. If you are passionate about something and you keep coming up short, I'm not the type just the sit there and laugh. I'm the type to get animated and whip some tail and take no prisoners. I don't have the background to run this athletic department but gosh darnit, they need someone with my mentality.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby panther-state » October 17th, 2011, 9:23 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
AndShock wrote:C-USA being a done deal to dropping football in a matter of months. How sad.

I believe that Missouri State can be a football powerhouse that our Bears can be great. Look at Kansas State, they are in the tiny town of Manhattan, much smaller than Springfield and look what they have become

ORRR look at Cedar Falls :mrgreen: It's smaller than both and definitely better at football than one of them...possibly the other too
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby valleychamp » October 17th, 2011, 9:29 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
isumvc1 wrote:I think MSU needs to bring back men's cross country and men's track and field, they always had good teams, and the MVC needs more mens track and field teams anyway.

I am in 100 hundred percent total agreement with this. Absolutely. We can clearly win and nearly dominate in those sports.

Well, obviously they would dominate.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to College and NFL Football