ISU @ ISU

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

ISU @ ISU

Postby BirdmanBB » October 17th, 2011, 2:58 pm

This is a big time game for both ISU's. It has been pretty hard for teams to come in and beat the Redbirds at home, so I am going to have to give us the advantage in this one. We are coming off a big win against nationally ranked U of South Dakota where we completely shut them down. Defensively, I think the Redbirds finally figured it out.

It is being aired on espn3.com if you get it.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

ISU @ ISU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: ISU @ ISU

Postby panther-state » October 17th, 2011, 4:14 pm

I wouldn't read too much into USD. Indiana St. may be the best team Ill St. will have played so far this season (the only question mark is that NDSU is probably better than InSt but that remains to be seen). The Coyotes ranking is the benefactor of beating two other overrated teams in Eastern Wash (who just recently won their first game) and Southern Utah.

This one could get really ugly if the Sycamores don't play down to ISU
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby isumvc1 » October 18th, 2011, 5:13 am

this is shaping up to be a very good game, and it's a good thing it's on ESPN3, I think quite a few people will be interested in seeing this one.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » October 23rd, 2011, 5:32 pm

well, the hyped up sycamores come in to Hancock and lose 17-14 (although the score makes the game look closer than it actually was). Redbird defense looks like it is for real. Maybe we will get some respect after beating two ranked teams in as many weeks. @SIU next. The playoff started for the redbirds with that win over the Sycs. Hopefully they can keep it up and find a spot.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Brian » October 24th, 2011, 7:10 am

BirdmanBB wrote:well, the hyped up sycamores come in to Hancock and lose 17-14 (although the score makes the game look closer than it actually was). Redbird defense looks like it is for real. Maybe we will get some respect after beating two ranked teams in as many weeks. @SIU next. The playoff started for the redbirds with that win over the Sycs. Hopefully they can keep it up and find a spot.

Not sure how it wasnt closer than the score says? Stats were almost identical and of course Indiana State missed a fg and an xp. Ill. State got a gift touchdown off of horrible play-calling. 3rd and 1 from about your own 15 with an all-american RB and you try play-action and get a sack fumble.
Brian
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby BirdmanBB » October 24th, 2011, 8:24 am

It was 17-6 going into the 4th. Birds were killing clock. Best team won. Great defensive play.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jlandrus11 » October 25th, 2011, 10:44 am

Yeah I agree, the game was close the entire game. 17-6 is only a 2 possession game. Indiana State had a chance to win the game and couldn't get it done. Illinois State tried to give the game away but the Sycamores couldn't take it.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Return to College and NFL Football