We got snubbed

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Re: We got snubbed

Postby unipanther99 » November 21st, 2011, 3:21 pm

The three MAC bowls recieved an average 1.66 share TV rating last year. Not exactly tearing it up... I can't find ratings for last year's FCS championship game, but they probably aren't too much lower than that.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdmanBB » November 21st, 2011, 9:12 pm

unipanther99 wrote:The three MAC bowls recieved an average 1.66 share TV rating last year. Not exactly tearing it up... I can't find ratings for last year's FCS championship game, but they probably aren't too much lower than that.

I am actually amazed to see that the FCS championship draws around a 1-1.3, which is surprisingly close to the numbers you produced for those BCS bowls for the MAC. Then again, if you want that coverage you have to win quite a few playoff games just to get there. If you want the 1.6 rating and coverage in many more media outlets across the country than the FCS championship, then all you have to do is win 6-7 FBS games and jump right in. I would much rather be doing that. I hope ISU is taking a serious look at making a jump in the future. Especially looking at this aspect of it.

Even our coach was quoted as saying he prefers the BCS system to the FBS system after we got snubbed. The MVFC rep came out and explained on our radio that there are some politics involved with the selections. It sounds like that is why we didn't get in which is garbage. They aren't looking out for us and the MVFC as the #2 ranked FCS conference with only 2 bids, so it might be time to look elsewhere.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 21st, 2011, 10:25 pm

unipanther99 wrote:The three MAC bowls recieved an average 1.66 share TV rating last year. Not exactly tearing it up... I can't find ratings for last year's FCS championship game, but they probably aren't too much lower than that.

People do the ESPN bowl pick 'em deal. Sure those bowls aren't the Rose Bowl but nationally no one cares about FCS football. I think moving to the MAC is the answer for Illinois State. Natural rivalry with NIU. Would really help the perception of the whole school.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdmanBB » November 22nd, 2011, 10:29 am

I hope UNI and North Dakota St. meet each other in the final just as more proof at how terrible the selection process was.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » November 22nd, 2011, 12:02 pm

Drake was the team that got snubbed.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » November 22nd, 2011, 11:10 pm

MoValley John wrote:Drake was the team that got snubbed.

:lol:
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to College and NFL Football