We got snubbed

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

We got snubbed

Postby BirdmanBB » November 20th, 2011, 12:28 pm

Redbirds are left out of the playoffs and weren't even mentioned as "on the bubble." Staff and administration are pissed.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

We got snubbed

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: We got snubbed

Postby valleychamp » November 20th, 2011, 1:19 pm

You did get jobbed pretty hard. It was that EIU loss the first game of the year that came back to bite though...
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Hail Our Panthers » November 20th, 2011, 11:16 pm

The whole thing seemed a little contradictory to me.

On one hand they're saying that the MVFC was good..seeding 2 of its teams.

On the other..we only got 2 bids

Feel bad for you guys..you deserved a bid
Hail Our Panthers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniftw » November 21st, 2011, 12:29 am

You did get jobbed...without the lube too...

Sucks.

I think the losses by ISUb and YSU may have hurt you...which is complete s***.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » November 21st, 2011, 8:53 am

Bubble Valley teams dropped the ball on the last weekend, giving the committee ammunition to leave them out. Add to that the probable horse trading that the CAA rep obviously did to deny the CAA champ a seed in exchange for getting five teams in and you have the snub. It's happened before and will happen again as this process is not exactly a clean or honest deal.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » November 21st, 2011, 11:14 am

You can say that again. It is quite interesting that in the power rankings we are well ahead of both EKU and JMU and they got in over us. In the polls we are in the top 20 and neither of those teams are. It is also interesting that the #2 FCS conference only recieved 2 bids. Also interesting is the fact that the AD's from both EKU and JMU are on the selection committee. Also interesting that EKU gets to host JMU who averages way more fans than EKU.

So was it a "you vote for me and we vote for you as long as we can host" sort of thing? You look at all the facts and the surroundings and it screams foul play.

Well, if anything, this is going to rally people even more for a move to FBS. Especially with the stadium renovations coming. At least we would have more control over our own destiny.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » November 21st, 2011, 11:27 am

BirdmanBB wrote:Well, if anything, this is going to rally people even more for a move to FBS. Especially with the stadium renovations coming. At least we would have more control over our own destiny.

How is this so? You could move up to FBS, go undefeated and still not have a chance at a National Championship. (See Houston this year.) I understand the reasons for wanting to go to FBS, but I don't believe "control over our own destiny" is one you can say with a straight face.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BirdmanBB » November 21st, 2011, 1:30 pm

unipanther99 wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:Well, if anything, this is going to rally people even more for a move to FBS. Especially with the stadium renovations coming. At least we would have more control over our own destiny.

How is this so? You could move up to FBS, go undefeated and still not have a chance at a National Championship. (See Houston this year.) I understand the reasons for wanting to go to FBS, but I don't believe "control over our own destiny" is one you can say with a straight face.

6 wins to be bowl eligable. I'm not talking national championship, but rather post season play in general. FBS Conferences have bowl tie ins. If this were FBS, we would likely be playing somewhere instead of sitting at home wondering how we got jobbed.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » November 21st, 2011, 1:42 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:6 wins to be bowl eligable. I'm not talking national championship, but rather post season play in general. FBS Conferences have bowl tie ins. If this were FBS, we would likely be playing somewhere instead of sitting at home wondering how we got jobbed.

You are correct. Lets say you were in the MAC and finished with a similar record... You could be (if fortunate enough to be selected) in line for one of these fine bowls:

#1 The Little Caesars Pizza Bowl receives the first choice of MAC teams, though it is not required to take the MAC champion (against the 8th pick from the Big Ten)

#2 The GoDaddy.com Bowl receives the second choice of MAC teams (against 2nd pick from the Sun Belt)

#3 The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl receives the third choice of MAC teams (against the 2nd pick from the WAC)
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BirdmanBB » November 21st, 2011, 2:45 pm

unipanther99 wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:6 wins to be bowl eligable. I'm not talking national championship, but rather post season play in general. FBS Conferences have bowl tie ins. If this were FBS, we would likely be playing somewhere instead of sitting at home wondering how we got jobbed.

You are correct. Lets say you were in the MAC and finished with a similar record... You could be (if fortunate enough to be selected) in line for one of these fine bowls:

#1 The Little Caesars Pizza Bowl receives the first choice of MAC teams, though it is not required to take the MAC champion (against the 8th pick from the Big Ten)

#2 The GoDaddy.com Bowl receives the second choice of MAC teams (against 2nd pick from the Sun Belt)

#3 The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl receives the third choice of MAC teams (against the 2nd pick from the WAC)

I assume you are taking a jab at those bowl games.

However, all 3 of those games will get more National exposure than the entirety of the FCS playoffs.

How many people will be watching the FCS championship game which I assume will be on ESPN2 while the BBVA Compass Bowl is going on at the same time on ESPN which pairs up the Big East against the SEC.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to College and NFL Football