NFL playoffs

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Re: NFL playoffs

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » January 29th, 2012, 7:57 am

Peyton has a much higher completion percentage lifetime than Eli does. If Peyton had the defense and specifically the DLine that his younger brother has had virtually every year of his career then he would have more than just one SB ring.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoValley John » January 29th, 2012, 11:18 am

DUBulldog wrote:

The national media, which is based in the northeast will be creaming themselves over this game. The rest of the national will give a collective yawn.

About 10 years ago, the Yankees and Mets were both in the World Series, and the media went nuts over it. It ended up having the lowest television ratings of any WS in history.

Define creaming themselves.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » February 2nd, 2012, 11:47 am

Never been a Brady fan so I'm rooting for NYG.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » February 2nd, 2012, 1:13 pm

Ali wrote:Never been a Brady fan so I'm rooting for NYG.

Man I will never understand that line of thinking. The hatred of Brady absolutely floors me.

It seems that much of it is borne out of the fact that he is a great champion, who lives a great life, has a hot wife, and is a good looking fellow too. To me that is the American dream. And you never hear him in trouble, he is well regarded as a good husband and father too. I think it is almost un-American if you are not a fan of another AFC East team to hate the guy.

Look at his story. Kid grows up in the shadow of San Francisco in a great family. Gets a scholarship to Michigan and proves on the field that he is the best QB but yet he has to keep fighting off a less talented Drew Henson every year who was given more opportunity. He does this and wins. And yet he still is never handed a darn thing. He slips all the way to the 6th round of the draft. Many, many kids are picked ahead of him with less character and poor work ethics. He waits his turn even then and then finally proves what a great champion and true sportsman he is. And people hate him? Come on.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » February 2nd, 2012, 8:30 pm

CGFP, we finally agree on something. I'm shocked! :Cheers:
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » February 5th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Getting exciting now.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Red » February 6th, 2012, 8:54 am

Great ending. I can't imagine what would have happened after Bradshaw scored if Brady had marched NE down to win the game.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ferd Berfel » February 6th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Red wrote:Great ending. I can't imagine what would have happened after Bradshaw scored if Brady had marched NE down to win the game.

But he didn't did he.

No matter what the talking heads say to give up a touchdown in that situation was a stupid move. You never know what might have happened if they had tried to tackle him, he might have fumbled, you just never know.

The kicker may have shanked the field goal ask the Ravens how that worked out for them a couple of weeks ago.

Tommy can take his supermodel wife and go sulk, I say the better team won, GO GIANTS!
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to College and NFL Football