UNI on ESPN's Worst of The Worst list - for a good reason

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Postby Aargh » February 3rd, 2012, 8:49 pm

I've seen this clip a few times. I Know UNI is involved and I know it was at UNI because the end zone says Panthers. I've never paid real close attention because I didn't recognize the UNI connection in time, but I believe it was a visiting team that made the bone-headed move.

A guy caught the ball in the end zone on a kickoff. Looked around a little bit and started walking toward the sidelines still holding the ball. Since he hadn't taken a knee, that was a live ball. A UNI player knocked it out of his hands, grabbed it and fell down. Touchdown for the kicking team.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UNI on ESPN's Worst of The Worst list - for a good reaso

Postby DUBulldog » February 3rd, 2012, 9:03 pm

Aargh wrote:I've seen this clip a few times. I Know UNI is involved and I know it was at UNI because the end zone says Panthers. I've never paid real close attention because I didn't recognize the UNI connection in time, but I believe it was a visiting team that made the bone-headed move.

A guy caught the ball in the end zone on a kickoff. Looked around a little bit and started walking toward the sidelines still holding the ball. Since he hadn't taken a knee, that was a live ball. A UNI player knocked it out of his hands, grabbed it and fell down. Touchdown for the kicking team.

Yep, that was a playoff game, and UNI ended up winning by 7.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby valleychamp » February 3rd, 2012, 11:37 pm

Its been the reigning champ, on the SportsCenter "not top ten" for like 2 straight months now. Never seen anything like it. Here's the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGp3jdDvhAM&feature=related
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » February 4th, 2012, 12:50 am

It's going to be there for a long, long, time. I want to say the closet vote when they come up with the worst play each week on Friday is 60/40. Simply unreal
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby PantherSigEp » February 4th, 2012, 10:45 pm

Hopefully after tonight UNI will be involved in the ESPN "Top 10" Best of the Best and "Not Top 10" Worst of the Worst. Still feel bad for that young man from Wofford since he also had a crucial personal foul that led to the field goal that preceded that kick off. But hey, that's what you get when you don't know/obey the rules
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to College and NFL Football