Football discussions?

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Football discussions?

Postby MoValley John » October 10th, 2010, 12:18 pm

What happened to all the football banter? I had really hoped to use this site to follow the Valley football race this year. For years I have heard how compelling and exciting Valley football is. So I try to follow it and there is nobody discussing Valley ball, nobody flaming or trash talking. It is like the season never came. As I have kept my promise not to flame on your football parade, I am really left wondering what happened to Valley football this year?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Football discussions?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Football discussions?

Postby valleychamp » October 10th, 2010, 12:45 pm

UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » October 10th, 2010, 2:04 pm

So I'm supposed to hunt for this stuff on various websites? I'm not going to get it here? Interesting.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » October 10th, 2010, 4:53 pm

Yes john, I know its hard to believe, but every topic in sports doesn't happen to take place at the 3 month old MVC basketball message board.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » October 10th, 2010, 7:31 pm

valleychamp wrote:Yes john, I know its hard to believe, but every topic in sports doesn't happen to take place at the 3 month old MVC basketball message board.

I really hope you aren't serious, because I was serious about following Valley football this year. And for the record, the football forum was plenty busy before the start of the season and there were plenty of threads to inform. So the three month excuse doesn't hold water. I didn't ruin this forum, I didn't troll any football conversations, in fact, I've tried to facilitate discussion, so that isn't the reason. Where are the NDSU fans? They were here early. Where are the UNI fans? Saluki fans?

Man up and have some discussions, guys!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Sycamore_DevilDog » October 10th, 2010, 7:50 pm

The transformation is progressing.
A U.S. Marine: No better friend, no worse enemy.
Sycamore_DevilDog
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby JayJ79 » October 10th, 2010, 8:06 pm

MoValley John wrote:What happened to all the football banter? I had really hoped to use this site to follow the Valley football race this year. For years I have heard how compelling and exciting Valley football is. So I try to follow it and there is nobody discussing Valley ball, nobody flaming or trash talking. It is like the season never came. As I have kept my promise not to flame on your football parade, I am really left wondering what happened to Valley football this year?

Many of the Valley football fans are wondering what's happening in Valley football this year, themselves.
The preseason favorites have stumbled in the first half of the season. And many of the teams that have traditionally been towards the bottom of the standings, have gotten some surprising wins.

Though really, most football fans that feel like discussing Valley football already have plenty of places for such discussions, with other knowledgable football fans (either on their own boards, or on the national fcs boards), and don't feel the need to cater their discussions to basketball junkies. 8-)
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » October 10th, 2010, 8:12 pm

JayJ79 wrote:
MoValley John wrote:Though really, most football fans that feel like discussing Valley football already have plenty of places for such discussions, with other knowledgable football fans (either on their own boards, or on the national fcs boards), and don't feel the need to cater their discussions to basketball junkies. 8-)

Really? This must be a brand new trend because on every Valley "basketball junkie" board that preceded this one has been loaded with football banter. Even in the worst Valley board ever, football was a RELATIVE strong topic. And as for the amount of traffic that MVCfans has had, football was a very popular forum until the last three or four weeks.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » October 10th, 2010, 8:18 pm

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I added a football forum at someone's request and I don't think half of the schools (ie, Western Illinois) know about this board. Or I least I know that I haven't posted on their boards to invite everyone. Also, the fact that some of the larger fan bases that participate on this new board - read, CU, WSU, BU - have no football teams probably contributes to the dearth as well.

No worries.. basketball season starts on Friday and I suspect the board will have some added activity as we prepare for the upcoming hoops season.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby 45otseoj » October 10th, 2010, 9:22 pm

Redbird Country checking into to say goodbye before we go jump off a tall building.

59 points to Indiana State.

smh.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to College and NFL Football