Football discussions?

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Re: Football discussions?

Postby IsuBob » October 20th, 2010, 2:18 pm

MoValley John wrote:
IsuBob wrote:Made my point. Carry on.

What exactly was the point that you made? I read the thread twice and I still don't see your point. For the record, I don't follow 1-AA ball but I do know that Indiana State sucked last year. I know because I read Valley Talk, it had nothing to do with whether or not I followed 1-AA ball, it was simply one of many topics I read on a message board. My guess is that baller's knowledge of the Sycamore's sucktitude came from the same message board. For the record, Indiana State's complete mastery of football sucktitude was one of the most documented facts on that board. Two things were known as fact, the Sun rises from the East and Indiana State sucks at 1-AA ball.

I have no idea if Indiana State is better this year, from reading this thread I understand you guys beat two NAIA teams. Maybe you are better, maybe you're not, I don't know.

So I guess I just don't understand your point.

We beat 1 NAIA and a D-11 team. The point was that Baller trashed us all last year about how much we sucked, and not a peap from him this year when we are winning.
IsuBob
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unipanther99 » October 20th, 2010, 2:47 pm

There is quite a bit of football to be played this year, but I don't think there is any question that Indiana State is heading in the right direction.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby WSUbballer » October 20th, 2010, 4:49 pm

MoValley John wrote:

What exactly was the point that you made? I read the thread twice and I still don't see your point. For the record, I don't follow 1-AA ball but I do know that Indiana State sucked last year. I know because I read Valley Talk, it had nothing to do with whether or not I followed 1-AA ball, it was simply one of many topics I read on a message board. My guess is that baller's knowledge of the Sycamore's sucktitude came from the same message board. For the record, Indiana State's complete mastery of football sucktitude was one of the most documented facts on that board. Two things were known as fact, the Sun rises from the East and Indiana State sucks at 1-AA ball.

I have no idea if Indiana State is better this year, from reading this thread I understand you guys beat two NAIA teams. Maybe you are better, maybe you're not, I don't know.

Spot on and perfect analysis. The only thing I knew about Indiana State football was that it sucked. That's it. Anything happening now is irrelevant.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » October 20th, 2010, 4:53 pm

IsuBob wrote:
MoValley John wrote:

We beat 1 NAIA and a D-11 team. The point was that Baller trashed us all last year about how much we sucked, and not a peap from him this year when we are winning.

See, I thought it was 2 NAIA's. Why did I have that wrong? Because I don't follow I-AA football and certainly not Indiana State football. You were trashed last year because you did indeed suck and because you were coming over into other threads and spewing garbage. That's the best way to get you back and it pissed you off.

Again, Bob, it's worth repeating. I don't follow I-AA football. For all I know, Indiana State is still the worst team in I-AA. It's not like I knew you finally won a game or two and ran away. I simply don't follow it and don't care. So whatever your "point" was, was way off and nonsensical. MVJ summed it up nicely.

What's a peap?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » October 21st, 2010, 6:08 am

WSUbballer wrote:What's a peap?

That's the folks following Jake Kelly around waiting to ride his coattails to the NBA.

I follow FCS football and I thought Indiana State had beaten two D-II schools, didn't realize one was NAIA. They have won two conference games, though, so kudos to them for that.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby IsuBob » October 21st, 2010, 8:17 am

MoValley John wrote:

The Sun rises from the East and Indiana State sucks at football? Might want to check some of the 1-AA polls John.
IsuBob
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MoValley John » October 21st, 2010, 9:08 am

IsuBob wrote:
The Sun rises from the East and Indiana State sucks at football? Might want to check some of the 1-AA polls John.

As far as I know, Indoana State sucks at football. I don't care about the 1-AA polls, either. But since you are proud of where Indiana State is sitting, why don't you post where they are ranked, then baller and I will know. I'm not searching for 1-AA polls, I'm not looking at volleyball or baseball polls, either. Until you post the polls, we will just assume that Indiana State sucks.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby IsuBob » October 21st, 2010, 9:22 am

MoValley John wrote:
IsuBob wrote:

As far as I know, Indoana State sucks at football. I don't care about the 1-AA polls, either. But since you are proud of where Indiana State is sitting, why don't you post where they are ranked, then baller and I will know. I'm not searching for 1-AA polls, I'm not looking at volleyball or baseball polls, either. Until you post the polls, we will just assume that Indiana State sucks.

Here is the link. Look to the left in recent articles where it has other polls.
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/cont ... 10-20-2010
IsuBob
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby unipanther99 » October 21st, 2010, 9:40 am

MoValley John wrote:As far as I know, Indoana State sucks at football.

Well, you said that was based on what you were reading on a message board last year... The message board this year tells a different story. Let's lighten up on the Sycamores. It's not yet proven that they are good, but I think it's fair to say they don't suck this year.

This thread was started because you said you wanted to hear more about what was going on with Valley football. Well, here it is. Indiana State is a half game out of first place. More shocking than that is Western Illinois is alone in first place.

Western Illinois 3-1 5-2
Indiana State 2-1 4-2
Northern Iowa 2-1 3-3
Illinois State 3-2 4-3
Southern Illinois 2-2 3-4
South Dakota State 2-2 2-4
Missouri State 1-2 2-4
North Dakota State 1-3 4-3
Youngstown State 1-3 3-4
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby IsuBob » October 21st, 2010, 9:51 am

unipanther99 wrote:
MoValley John wrote:As far as I know, Indoana State sucks at football.

Well, you said that was based on what you were reading on a message board last year... The message board this year tells a different story. Let's lighten up on the Sycamores. It's not yet proven that they are good, but I think it's fair to say they don't suck this year.

This thread was started because you said you wanted to hear more about what was going on with Valley football. Well, here it is. Indiana State is a half game out of first place. More shocking than that is Western Illinois is alone in first place.

Western Illinois 3-1 5-2
Indiana State 2-1 4-2
Northern Iowa 2-1 3-3
Illinois State 3-2 4-3
Southern Illinois 2-2 3-4
South Dakota State 2-2 2-4
Missouri State 1-2 2-4
North Dakota State 1-3 4-3
Youngstown State 1-3 3-4

Very shocking with WIU. They are having a great year, and what a turnaround. We have a huge test against NDSU on the road.
IsuBob
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to College and NFL Football