UGA stud RB to Missouri State?

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » July 1st, 2012, 9:07 pm

This is the rumor flying around one particular message board. Apparently visiting this upcoming week. His name is Isaiah Crowell and he just got kicked off the Bulldogs team for some minor legal issues. 5 star on Rivals out of HS and from what I saw has good burst and can fly like a bullet in the open field. Really can gun it through the open holes created by his O-line. But he also seems to avoid contact like a Turkish figure skater. Still you can't teach this kind of skill set.

He would be a huge get quite obviously. Hopefully his visit goes well, he loves Springfield, and he can stay out of trouble. Terry Allen's continued employment depends on a virtual miracle and this would be a good start. Now if only Landry Jones could do something to get kicked off of OU and decide to come to Springfield.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UGA stud RB to Missouri State?

Postby PantherSigEp » July 1st, 2012, 10:32 pm

I'd say 2 felonies and a misdemeanor is not a minor legal problem. Not to be condescending but what is the connection with Missouri State? Close to home?
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » July 2nd, 2012, 10:56 pm

Kid is a native Georgian. I believe his HS coach might have a connection to Terry Allen. I think the kid is desperate for an opportunity and does not want to sit out a year. Terry Allen is equally desperate to bring talent in. We just added a QB transfer from SMU who is a St. Louis kid. I guess he became disenchanted when he found out that not only was he not getting Eric Dickerson money but he was not even going to get Craig James money from the Ponies. I kid of course. Probably. They just added Texas transfer Garrett Gilbert who almost beat Alabama in the title game a few years ago when Colt McCoy got bored with the game and decided he had a stinger.

Bothers me that this Kaiser kid does not want to compete but Kaiser plus Crowell is as good of a college backfield as pretty much any school in the WAC, CUSA, or Sun Belt. Hopefully we can get Crowell, he can stay on target and aim to do better in Springfield. Kids deserve second chances. If I didn't get several second chances I probably would have ended up in the gutter with nothing so I am living proof that multiple chances can pay off.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » July 3rd, 2012, 6:38 am

He'll be lucky to not end up in jail....carrying a concealed weapon in a school zone with an altered serial number is a great way to end up playing pick up game in FEDERAL PRISON. Couple that with multiple partial suspensions for drug use.........I pitty any program that wants him
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » July 4th, 2012, 9:45 am

I'm not s legal expert by any means by I am shocked about the length of punishment that he could suffer for a relatively innocuous crime that did not harm others. I would hope that if we are seriosly pursuing him that we know some inside info about him pleading down to something very minor or that he might just get off scot free.

At least we still have Kaiser coming in as an FBS transfer at QB. Not that it will matter with a team that is uninspired and uncompetitive. They should market this season as a year long Terry Allen retirement party. Shaking my head.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » July 4th, 2012, 10:11 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I'm not s legal expert by any means by I am shocked about the length of punishment that he could suffer for a relatively innocuous crime that did not harm others. I would hope that if we are seriosly pursuing him that we know some inside info about him pleading down to something very minor or that he might just get off scot free.

At least we still have Kaiser coming in as an FBS transfer at QB. Not that it will matter with a team that is uninspired and uncompetitive. They should market this season as a year long Terry Allen retirement party. Shaking my head.

Carrying a concealed weapon without a carry permit....strike 1 in his case

Carrying a weapon in a school zone....strike 2 in his case

Carrying a weapon illegally with a FREAKING ALTERED SERIAL NUMBER is strikes 3-9.

Doing all of that together....HUGE no-no.

That isn't a "minor" crime. That is a COLOSSAL **** UP. Two of those charges are federal felonies.

Couple that with the face that there was a strong smell of weed in the vehicle he was pulled over in, the fact he was suspended multiple times last year for "violations of team rules" that are widely believed to be drug related (one was for a failed drug test).

Crowell was charged by ACC Police on a felony count of weapon in a school zone, a felony count of altered ID mark and misdemeanor count of possession/carrying a concealed weapon. He was booked at 3:37 a.m.

Crowell has had some troubles during his time at UGA. He was benched for the first quarter of the Vanderbilt game on Oct. 15 for unknown reasons, and sat out the entire game against New Mexico State on Nov. 5 while on suspension after reportedly failing a drug test.

http://www.redandblack.com/sports/updat ... f6878.html

Keep trying to spin what he is charged with as "minor" but they are far from.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » July 5th, 2012, 5:20 pm

Mr. Crowell is going to SWAC school Alabama State so he is no longer our potential problem. Distance from home hurt us here.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » July 5th, 2012, 9:03 pm

Just saw this on ESPN. Even though he had 850 yards as a freshman in the SEC, it's probably not a bad thing he's going to Alabama State:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ding-coach
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby PantherSigEp » July 5th, 2012, 10:14 pm

Its not a bad thing that he won't be in the MVFC
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » July 6th, 2012, 10:03 am

PantherSigEp wrote:Its not a bad thing that he won't be in the MVFC

I'm willing to bet he won't be at ASU very long either....Prison seems pretty likely
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to College and NFL Football