Football discussion

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Football discussion

Postby MoValley John » October 28th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Can someone explain why there has been next to zero football discussion on this board? No NFL, BCS, MVFC, nothing??? It is football season, right?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Football discussion

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Football discussion

Postby JayJ79 » October 28th, 2012, 4:56 pm

I'm guessing that any posters here that are football fans have better places to discuss football. Where there aren't as many "basketball only" snobs who do nothing but rag on football. Or at least rag on FCS football.

Or at least that's why I never bother discussing football on here.
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » October 28th, 2012, 6:21 pm

JayJ79 wrote:I'm guessing that any posters here that are football fans have better places to discuss football. Where there aren't as many "basketball only" snobs who do nothing but rag on football. Or at least rag on FCS football.

Or at least that's why I never bother discussing football on here.

This IS the forum for your level of football. I, nor many other BCS football snobs are going to berate anyone for discussing football on the proper forum. When football discussions spill over to the basketball side, prepare for the worst, though.

I don't follow fcs, 1-aa or whatever they are calling it this week. That said, sometimes I like to read the football board here just to see what is happening with schools in the conference and what is driving discussion. I can't do that when nobody is saying anything.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LMS » October 28th, 2012, 9:02 pm

I'm up for some football talk. Can't offer much in terms of MVC football but college and pro work for me. Here's a starter- Nebraska needs to ax Pelini. Discuss.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby JayJ79 » October 28th, 2012, 9:32 pm

I don't bother following the measly Big "Ten". The only league worth paying attention to is the SEC :dance:
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby PantherSigEp » October 28th, 2012, 9:51 pm

Indiana State fans don't seem to exist here. Same can be said for SIU with 1 or 2 exceptions. Illinois State is doing alright, Missouri State is doing better by their standards but are still average at best and UNI is finding creative ways to lose in the wake of inexperience and injuries following their brutal opening to their season. Of the 5 "normal" MVC teams they are all average MVFC teams this year and their is very little to talk about. Any football talk is left to our respective boards or others. Very few of the regular MVCFans posters probably care about how the football season is going. Frankly I'm glad I have a place to escape the football season.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » October 29th, 2012, 9:05 am

JayJ79 wrote:I don't bother following the measly Big "Ten". The only league worth paying attention to is the SEC :dance:

Ain't that the truth. The Big Rusty is just terrible. Hasn't been relevent in many years. Pac-12, Big 12, and SEC are very exciting however. Hoping K-State can play Notre Dame for all the marbles.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Red » October 29th, 2012, 12:30 pm

JayJ79 wrote:I don't bother following the measly Big "Ten". The only league worth paying attention to is the SEC :dance:

Or we could chat about conferences where players don't get paid.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » October 29th, 2012, 2:12 pm

Red wrote:

If somebody got paid they wouldn't be eligible. The NCAA has pretty clear rules on that. If this is in reference to Cam Newton, the NCAA cleared Auburn of anything.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » October 29th, 2012, 4:11 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
Red wrote:

If somebody got paid they wouldn't be eligible. The NCAA has pretty clear rules on that. If this is in reference to Cam Newton, the NCAA cleared Auburn of anything.

It is fairly well known that cheating (paying players) is rampant in the SEC.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to College and NFL Football