Jacks v. Trees

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Re: Jacks v. Trees

Postby JayJ79 » November 2nd, 2010, 7:05 pm

45otseoj wrote:
Sycamore_DevilDog wrote:Yeah, a real shame, but fortunately ILSU was one of those teams.

I wasn't talking smack S_DD.

If I was you, I'd be more upset about my coach giving my team so little room for error, instead of being upset with me for wanting what is best for the MVFC. Are you going to tell me that you're happy with your coach scheduling 2 games that can not help you at all? You already have no chance of making the playoffs unless you are the AQ. If you throw two FCS softies on the schedule (and win those games) instead of Quincy and St. Joseph's then you're probably in the Top 25 with a legitimate shot at an at-large.

Indiana State football was 2-54 over the past 5 seasons. You can't really fault the coach for scheduling a couple sub-D1s.

are you upset that the ILSU staff scheduled a meaningless game with Central Missouri?
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jlandrus11 » November 2nd, 2010, 8:22 pm

This is coming from a ILSU fan that got blasted by the Trees. ILSU gets blasted by the Trees, and he thinks our coach schedules cupcakes. I think it is time for ILSU to do the same thing that INSU has had the time to do.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby 45otseoj » November 2nd, 2010, 11:33 pm

JayJ79 wrote:are you upset that the ILSU staff scheduled a meaningless game with Central Missouri?

Extremely.
jlandrus11 wrote:This is coming from a ILSU fan that got blasted by the Trees. ILSU gets blasted by the Trees, and he thinks our coach schedules cupcakes. I think it is time for ILSU to do the same thing that INSU has had the time to do.

Such a short post yet you make several pointless comments: Yes, we were, in fact, blasted by the Trees. What does that have anything to do with the fact that your coach scheduled two games against non-D-I opponents? What exactly is it time for ILSU to do? Are you trying to make a point or just looking for a way to bring up the ISUvISU game?

As an Illinois State fan, I am very upset when we schedule any non-D-I opponent. We're a D-I team that should play D-I competition. Add that to the fact that non-D-I games do not help toward the goal of playoff eligibility. I guess I'm just surprised that INSU fans aren't just a tiny bit miffed that their schedule cripples their chance of an at-large. I realize that the Tree success this season was not expected, but now that you're in contention I figured this would bother your fanbase just a bit. I guess I was wrong.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby gotrees » November 3rd, 2010, 10:24 am

I dont care if we schedule non D1 teams as long as we get a W. Playoffs were never really a concern this year. We were just hoping to get more than 1 win this year. Now next year we'll be looking at the playoffs for sure.
gotrees
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Previous

Return to College and NFL Football