KCfan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

UNI defeats Iowa State

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UNI defeats Iowa State

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 2nd, 2013, 12:39 pm

2-0 versus the Big XII is cool. It is well documented that I am not a Fairley guy, but well done to the Panthers.

I'd love for MSU to claim a Big Ten scalp in Iowa City, but it is about as likely as me getting with Aubrey Plaza tonight. At least our problem will end in a few short months and Terry Allen won't be welcomed back to Springfield. Iowa will have to pay $14 million for their mistake to go away. I'll take comfort in that fact when an awful Big Ten team is humbling us.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ali » September 4th, 2013, 7:58 am

Sure is fun being the best team in the state.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 4th, 2013, 9:17 am

Ali wrote:Sure is fun being the best team in the state.

LOL. You'd have to beat Iowa to make that claim. But then again most UNI fans have many black and yellow shirts in their closets. Enjoy the win UNI fans but let's not go crazy.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » September 4th, 2013, 9:32 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:

LOL. You'd have to beat Iowa to make that claim. But then again most UNI fans have many black and yellow shirts in their closets. Enjoy the win UNI fans but let's not go crazy.

This claim has been made recently by many, but I don't think it's true. 20 years ago maybe, but not today.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby valleychamp » September 4th, 2013, 9:50 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:

When (if) ISU beats Iowa on the same field at the same time of night a week after UNI handled them, it would be hard to argue against UNI being the best team in the state of Iowa.

The same thing happened in 2007, and UNI was most certainly the best team in the state.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 4th, 2013, 4:36 pm

I guess if you live amongst Iowa fans and stuff then it would be fun to needle them and proclaim UNI to be the best in the state. Personally though I try to stay away from playing the transitive game. And as a general rule I try to stay away from Iowans.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » September 4th, 2013, 8:07 pm

The transitive property belongs in math class, not real-life situations. If ISU physically dominates Iowa like UNI did to them then I guess we can try to play that game. Plenty of Iowa fans saw at game and realized that UNI completely outclassed them. If they get plowed by the Clones, there probably won't be a ton of arguments from Hawk fans. Some will bury their heads in the sand but right now we're putting the cart in front of horse.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » September 14th, 2013, 6:57 pm

I don't follow college football very closely. But its amazing to me the high quality football team that UNI seems to put together most years. How do they manage that? MSU conversely is pitiful year after year......
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 14th, 2013, 9:33 pm

Well we can now say that UNI is inarguably a team in the state of Iowa. Well done. Cheers.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to College and NFL Football