UNI defeats Iowa State

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Re: UNI defeats Iowa State

Postby JayJ79 » September 15th, 2013, 11:53 am

DUBulldog wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Well we can now say that UNI is inarguably a team in the state of Iowa. Well done. Cheers.

How do these results inarguably say that UNI is the best team in the state? Neither UNI or Iowa have lost to an in-state team, and they don't play each other.

I think UNI would have a good chance of beating Iowa......but not sure how you can reach your conclusion.

:Beer:

he never said anything about being the BEST team, only that UNI was a team. heh.
and nothing is ever "inarguable" when it comes to football. there is always someone who will argue about it.
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 15th, 2013, 12:00 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I guess if you live amongst Iowa fans and stuff then it would be fun to needle them and proclaim UNI to be the best in the state. Personally though I try to stay away from playing the transitive game. And as a general rule I try to stay away from Iowans.

I know you've previously bashed Chicagoans....now Iowans....just who is lofty enough to be deemed good enough to interact with you?

Well I guess the common theme there is that both places are loaded with Cubs fans. Ha. You know Chicago has a lot of cool things to see. I've known some really colorful Chicagoans who are fine people. This one girl I dated from Naperville kind of soured me on the whole culture. She really looked down upon rural folk. Overall Chicagoans are fine, I just simply detest the Cubs, Hawks, Bulls, and Bears. I believe you have ties to Chicagoland yourself but don't take it personally. I just like to have fun.

As for Iowans, they are a real salt of the earth people. It would be inhumane to dislike them. I'm not crazy about the ones that wear purple and live in the Cedarloo area but whatever. Honestly if I had to pick another Valley city to live in outside of Springfield, I'd pick Des Moines. I'd just steer clear of the Hy-Vee place.

All in fun my man. All in fun.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » September 15th, 2013, 12:41 pm

JayJ79 wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Well we can now say that UNI is inarguably a team in the state of Iowa. Well done. Cheers.

How do these results inarguably say that UNI is the best team in the state? Neither UNI or Iowa have lost to an in-state team, and they don't play each other.

I think UNI would have a good chance of beating Iowa......but not sure how you can reach your conclusion.

:Beer:

he never said anything about being the BEST team, only that UNI was a team. heh.
and nothing is ever "inarguable" when it comes to football. there is always someone who will argue about it.

My bad....my reading comprehension obviously wasn't very good this morning.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DUBulldog » September 15th, 2013, 12:43 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I guess if you live amongst Iowa fans and stuff then it would be fun to needle them and proclaim UNI to be the best in the state. Personally though I try to stay away from playing the transitive game. And as a general rule I try to stay away from Iowans.

I know you've previously bashed Chicagoans....now Iowans....just who is lofty enough to be deemed good enough to interact with you?

Well I guess the common theme there is that both places are loaded with Cubs fans. Ha. You know Chicago has a lot of cool things to see. I've known some really colorful Chicagoans who are fine people. This one girl I dated from Naperville kind of soured me on the whole culture. She really looked down upon rural folk. Overall Chicagoans are fine, I just simply detest the Cubs, Hawks, Bulls, and Bears. I believe you have ties to Chicagoland yourself but don't take it personally. I just like to have fun.

As for Iowans, they are a real salt of the earth people. It would be inhumane to dislike them. I'm not crazy about the ones that wear purple and live in the Cedarloo area but whatever. Honestly if I had to pick another Valley city to live in outside of Springfield, I'd pick Des Moines. I'd just steer clear of the Hy-Vee place.

All in fun my man. All in fun.

Gotcha....I actually understand where you're coming from.....I hate all New York sports teams myself.

Still don't understand the Hy-Vee hate. Maybe it's because Kurt Warner used to work there. :huh:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JayJ79 » September 15th, 2013, 12:52 pm

all the "helpful smiles" make him nervous
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniftw » September 15th, 2013, 6:57 pm

DUBulldog wrote:.

Still don't understand the Hy-Vee hate. Maybe it's because Kurt Warner used to work there. :huh:

He's a MSU fan...programs/companies that are well run/good at what they do scare/confuse him
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AngryShock » September 16th, 2013, 7:43 am

uniftw wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:.

He's a MSU fan...programs/companies that are well run/good at what they do scare/confuse him

:Cheers:
WheatShockers.com
AngryShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ali » September 4th, 2016, 7:09 am

Rinse and repeat. Go Panthers!!
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Previous