Missouri State football stadium upgrades

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Re: Missouri State football stadium upgrades

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » July 27th, 2014, 8:47 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:It looks really, really good. I can't wait to see it during a game.

I read on BearNation that they are trying to get the students to use paddles in the front row. Sort of like Oklahoma State does things. I can't decide if it would be cool or lame. But it'll be loud so that is good.

Gotta have students attend for it to be loud...I kid, I kid (but not really).

Hopefully the upgrades, coupled with a decent team in the future will get fans to the stadium. MSU was outdrawn by NW Missouri St. this past season, ~55K compared to ~52K. That's the main thing I noticed when I went to a UNI-MSU game, it's a decent stadium but man does it look big and empty when only about 7-8K are in the seats.

The NWMSU comparison is not the greatest not just because of the fact that they play a game at Arrowhead Stadium, also that probably is counting their D2 playoff home games as well. Also they are like the Alabama of D2 and there is nothing else to do in Nodaway county.

I have a cousin that went to school in Maryville and he is always dogging MSU. It gets pretty old. I generally root for them, but I do think it will be insufferable when they get to the championship (because they always do) and having to listen to all the KC media hype because the championship is at Sporting KC's stadium now.

You are correct that it looks pretty sorry when Plaster is empty. I really think that will change with the changes that they have made. People will come just on account of that. If the team shows improvement then I think we will really have something.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PantherSigEp » July 27th, 2014, 9:22 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:It looks really, really good. I can't wait to see it during a game.

I read on BearNation that they are trying to get the students to use paddles in the front row. Sort of like Oklahoma State does things. I can't decide if it would be cool or lame. But it'll be loud so that is good.

Gotta have students attend for it to be loud...I kid, I kid (but not really).

Hopefully the upgrades, coupled with a decent team in the future will get fans to the stadium. MSU was outdrawn by NW Missouri St. this past season, ~55K compared to ~52K. That's the main thing I noticed when I went to a UNI-MSU game, it's a decent stadium but man does it look big and empty when only about 7-8K are in the seats.

The NWMSU comparison is not the greatest not just because of the fact that they play a game at Arrowhead Stadium, also that probably is counting their D2 playoff home games as well. Also they are like the Alabama of D2 and there is nothing else to do in Nodaway county.

I have a cousin that went to school in Maryville and he is always dogging MSU. It gets pretty old. I generally root for them, but I do think it will be insufferable when they get to the championship (because they always do) and having to listen to all the KC media hype because the championship is at Sporting KC's stadium now.

You are correct that it looks pretty sorry when Plaster is empty. I really think that will change with the changes that they have made. People will come just on account of that. If the team shows improvement then I think we will really have something.

That figure came with NWMSU counting either 6 or 7 games, which was the same as MSU or maybe even 1 more than what the Bears had. If you want there fans to be less annoying then you should probably prove that you're a better program than them. Obliviously we all know that a D1 > a D2 but there are lots of stupid people out there
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kip Dynamite » August 4th, 2014, 8:59 am

imagesCAGQF7AM.jpg
imagesCAGQF7AM.jpg (11.66 KiB) Viewed 10553 times
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Kip Dynamite » August 26th, 2014, 7:37 am

e1Pn3SI.jpg
Now seats 18,000
e1Pn3SI.jpg (144.52 KiB) Viewed 10187 times
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Kip Dynamite » January 2nd, 2015, 2:58 pm

Hopefully with the hiring of coach Steckel, we will get many more crowds in 2015 that look like this one
3092893.jpg
3092893.jpg (38.61 KiB) Viewed 9595 times
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to College and NFL Football