North Dakota State vs Kansas - September 4

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Re: North Dakota State vs Kansas - September 4

Postby valleychamp » September 11th, 2010, 2:43 pm

unipanther99 wrote:And South Dakota beat Minnesota, James Madison beat VaTech. Like I keep saying, parity in college football has arrived.

MVJ disagrees.

I'm sure he'll have a bunch of great excuses for all of this.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MVCfans » September 11th, 2010, 3:08 pm

valleychamp wrote:
unipanther99 wrote:And South Dakota beat Minnesota, James Madison beat VaTech. Like I keep saying, parity in college football has arrived.

MVJ disagrees.

I'm sure he'll have a bunch of great excuses for all of this.

This is becoming the college football equivalent of the opening Thursday-Friday of March Madness.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby valleychamp » September 11th, 2010, 3:22 pm

There are some really great players and programs in the FCS, and as '99 said, that gap between FCS and FBS is narrowing.

Mediocre FCS teams are going into FBS stadiums and winning.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » September 11th, 2010, 8:25 pm

ESPN's take on the game - who you calling mediocre?

The defending ACC champion Yellow Jackets (1-1) were favored by two touchdowns over the team that lost to a mediocre Missouri Valley bunch 6-3. But they dropped several passes and aided Kansas scoring drives with a 13-yard punt, a roughing-the-passer penalty and a kickoff that went out of bounds and let the Jayhawks start on the 40.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=302542305
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MoValley John » September 11th, 2010, 8:58 pm

I guess since Valley Champ feels like he can stalk me here, it's time to really put this in perspective. I'm sorry to everybody else, you aren't going to like this so you might not want to read it. The Missouri Valley Football Conference, the toughest 1-AA conference in all the land by the way, has gone 0 and all day against the big boys. Furthermore, powerhouse Southern Illinois just got waxed by a mediocre Illinois team. Mediocre may be an overstatement. Southern Illinois was picked first in the Valley, Illinois was picked 9th or 10th in the Big 10 depending on which poll you read, so it's a pretty fair comparison. The Valley's best vs. a Big 10 nothing and you got a boatrace.

In other Valley action,
Cincinnati beats Indiana State
Purdue beats W. Illinois
Northwestern beats Illinois State
Kansas State beats Missouri State

Illinois, Cincinnati, Purdue, Northwestern, Kansas State, not exactly murderer's row, yet the MVFC shoots a blank. These are bad BCS teams! I have always loved it when there is a big upset, I really love to see the FCS teams knock off a BCS team. But at the end of the day, that is what they are, upsets; and upsets happen. There is no pairity, there are upsets, always have been, always will. But don't confuse an anomoly with pairity. Today's Valley scoreboard: BCS 191- MVFC 58. Ouch.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby JayJ79 » September 11th, 2010, 10:55 pm

Kind of tough to have real parity when one side gets 22 more scholarships and millions more in funding.

Yet FCS programs still get wins. Go FCS!
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby 45otseoj » September 12th, 2010, 6:14 pm

MoValley John wrote:The Missouri Valley Football Conference, the toughest 1-AA conference in all the land by the way, has gone 0 and all day against the big boys. Furthermore, powerhouse Southern Illinois just got waxed by a mediocre Illinois team. Mediocre may be an overstatement. Southern Illinois was picked first in the Valley, Illinois was picked 9th or 10th in the Big 10 depending on which poll you read, so it's a pretty fair comparison. The Valley's best vs. a Big 10 nothing and you got a boatrace.

The MVFC doesn't look like the "toughest 1-AA conference in all the land" after yesterday. SIU and IlSU didn't put up much of a fight, and SDSU got rolled by Delaware. Not bad losses but none of the top 3 pre-season look like they're NC caliber for the time being.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to College and NFL Football