Preview of 2011 season

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

Re: Preview of 2011 season

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » July 14th, 2011, 3:45 pm

valleychamp wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:For our Bears, it'll be a longshot winning in either Eugene or Fayettenam. After reading some of the Arkansas boards it is pretty obvious that they do not know much about us or respect much about us. They have a new QB too. I think we could sneak up on them. Last year Jax State beat Mississippi, why can't we do the same?

a) Becuase Jax St was good, MSU is not.
b) Miss St was not good.
c) Oregon and Arkansas played in BCS bowl games last year.

A. We don't yet know about the 2011 version of MSU and how it would compare to 2010 Jacksoville St.
B. Ole Miss and they had Jeremiah Masoli the QB that led Oregon to the 2009 Rose Bowl on their team
C. Virginia Tech was in the Orange Bowl last year and they lost to James Madison in the regular season. Not sure the relevancy of the BCS thing. Oregon is mired in scandal right now so who knows what will happen with them by September, they might have a new coach for all we know and several ineligibles too. I know it is still a longshot. And Arkansas, they lost Mallett.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby panther-state » July 14th, 2011, 4:04 pm

Casey as long as you realize it's a longshot then I have no problems. A good FCS team is certainly more than capable of beating a good FBS team (whether this next Bears team qualifies as "good" is yet to be seen). UNI should've pulled off a big upset against Iowa 2 seasons ago and they didn't even make the playoffs that year.
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby jlandrus11 » July 14th, 2011, 7:15 pm

If you think Indiana State was bad then why did we destroy Illinois State? We also beat MSU, SDSU, YSU, and came a possession away from beating UNI. The team this season will be even better. If you don't think so then I guess you will have fun looking up at us at the end of the year.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby beatingrillz » July 14th, 2011, 7:55 pm

ISUb beat MSU on a blocked punt disaster that the MVFC issued a formal apology to MSU about. I am not saying the the Sycs will return to the nothingness that they are known for, but I highly doubt they will challenge the top tier. Penn State will likely putt the spike in ISUb's season before it ever starts.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » July 14th, 2011, 10:35 pm

ISUb finished last season under .500 against D1 teams
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby panther-state » July 15th, 2011, 1:02 am

jlandrus11 wrote:If you think Indiana State was bad then why did we destroy Illinois State? We also beat MSU, SDSU, YSU, and came a possession away from beating UNI. The team this season will be even better. If you don't think so then I guess you will have fun looking up at us at the end of the year.

:huh: First I want to know how you were 1 possession away from beating UNI when you lost by 10? Okay, for most of the game you were within one possession, but when the clock read 00:00, you were not. We trucked you guys for 500+ yds and yet I've never heard players and coaches be so upset about a double-digit W. Some of our guys were pretty embarassed it was that close.

I don't expect a fan to see their own team's over-achievement, especially an Indy. St. fan. In my eyes you had 4 wins last year and only 1 win against a .500+ opponent. In talking to football players/coaches from 3 MVFC schools they were astonished that people managed to lose to you guys. A team can over-achieve (ISU) as easily as a team can under-achieve (SIU). Don't get used to success. Before last season the Sicks had only 2 wins in the past 10+ seasons by more than a TD and you still haven't gone .500 or better against decent competition in 10+ seasons.

Please, by all means, prove me wrong that Indy. St. didn't have a fluke run at success last season and won't return to the bottom tier of the conference this year. I hope they do, it's not like I want them to suck, I want all MVFC teams to do well (except NDSU) for the betterment of the conference.
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby dgreenwell3 » July 15th, 2011, 7:16 am

beatingrillz wrote:ISUb beat MSU on a blocked punt disaster that the MVFC issued a formal apology to MSU about. I am not saying the the Sycs will return to the nothingness that they are known for, but I highly doubt they will challenge the top tier. Penn State will likely putt the spike in ISUb's season before it ever starts.

That blocked punt fiasco actually evened itself out when the refs allowed the bears an extra second to tie the score at half. Stop complaining about it, refs didnt lose that game, Bears kicker did. But as always it's beatingrillz, so I guess I shouldn't use logic.
I think Indiana State will finish in that 3-5 window and possibly have a playoff berth. Fouch is the best pure QB in the valley and has added an extra weapon in a few FBS transfers. Defensively, Obasecki and sewall will lead an improved side with more experience in the defensive backfield. Should be a good year, and it's amazing folks, I just did an entire post without a snarky nickname or joke about another school.
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby jlandrus11 » July 15th, 2011, 10:15 am

I'm just going to leave this thread alone and let the Sycamore football do the talking. Or I may just quit posting about Indiana State until the season starts.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » July 17th, 2011, 10:30 am

Apparently Taylor Gabbert visited Missouri State this weekend. Supposed to be a very talented signal caller. Would be nice to have someone to add depth and battle Wooden for the right to lead us on the field in Fayettenam this fall.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby dgreenwell3 » July 17th, 2011, 10:47 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Apparently Taylor Gabbert visited Missouri State this weekend. Supposed to be a very talented signal caller. Would be nice to have someone to add depth and battle Wooden for the right to lead us on the field in Fayettenam this fall.

Did he leave a sealed envelope to be opened by the athletic director with his letter of intent?
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to College and NFL Football