Road Warriors

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Road Warriors

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 18th, 2017, 12:23 pm

specialsauce wrote:But yet you keep responding.

Don't bring fanfare in here you don't want returned to you. Nobody provoked you or forced you to take a pot shot last night. That was all done on your own accord. And then you subsequently cry about a Redbird barb made a day later. Sack it up.

Last response...what a joke this is.

I have no problem with it being returned from you. But, here's the difference in my post versus yours:

There is a history of you and segments of your fan base calling WSU road games the other team's "Super Bowl" (and in the past 3 years that was mostly accurate). So, my statement came from some background and wasn't brought up from thin air, nor was it really meant to provoke anything. Just showing some change with regard to the value of a WSU home game for UE compared to last year.

VERSUS

You making an unprovoked post about ISUr fans thinking we will have a similar Road Warrior run, which was never stated by any of our fans and only something you came up with IN YOUR OWN HEAD.

Generally speaking...
It's sad you aren't sitting on your throne in first place right now. I really feel bad for you. I do.
I can clearly see your self-worth revolves around you bullying message boards being a fan of a program who has been dominant this decade...but, right now you can't do that.

The good news: Muller will blow a game or two for you and you will be king again soon enough. Just have some patience.

In the meantime, I will interact with others who are not confrontational.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » January 18th, 2017, 12:30 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
There is a history of you and segments of your fan base calling WSU road games the other team's "Super Bowl" (and in the past 3 years that was mostly accurate).

It was, and is still, completely accurate.

There's nothing really wrong with it. And I don't want to trade places with anyone. But it's the reality. And having big games between teams that are actually contending for the league title is a good thing, not a bad thing. The difference is that it's from everyone, regardless of how terrible their season is going.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 18th, 2017, 12:35 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
There is a history of you and segments of your fan base calling WSU road games the other team's "Super Bowl" (and in the past 3 years that was mostly accurate).

There's nothing really wrong with it. And I don't want to trade places with anyone. But it's the reality. And having big games between teams that are actually contending for the league title is a good thing, not a bad thing. The difference is that it's from everyone, regardless of how terrible their season is going.

Agreed, except it didn't seem like last night was a very packed crowd at the Ford Center in Evansville. Hence why I brought it up. Last year, they sold that place out (or close to it) and last night not so much.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby specialsauce » January 18th, 2017, 12:37 pm

"Not worth my breath", but was worth another lengthy response..

There are several Redbird fans that are thinking WSU is done and that they're gonna dominate the rest of the season, when merely they've played 1 game better than WSU.

I'm not mad. WSU's program speaks for itself. I don't think it was logical to think that WSU was going to be in first place for 847 consecutive weeks. Not really practical.

But which is it? You chastised WSU fans when they're on the top and talking and now you're chastising them for being a game back? Which is it? When is the gloating acceptable? Why are Redbird fans gloating on your board?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you'll respond to me sooner than my supposed "2 week banning" that your boy has tried and failed to execute. Let's not make statements that you never intend on following through with. Don't be "that guy".
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Singeril » January 18th, 2017, 12:42 pm

But there IS a truth to it being the "Super Bowl" when WSU comes to town. Attendance is much higher, for the most part, when WSU is in town and playing in the home team's gym. That helps with school pride, concessions, etc. It's the best financial night of the season for many, if not all, Valley teams. WSU has been a financial boon to schools over the past few years..and not just because of their shared post season success. Check the average home attendance of each Valley team and then check what the attendance is for each team, at home, against WSU.
Singeril
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » January 18th, 2017, 12:51 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:

Agreed, except it didn't seem like last night was a very packed crowd at the Ford Center in Evansville. Hence why I brought it up. Last year, they sold that place out (or close to it) and last night not so much.

Yeah, it definitely sounded like a morgue in there. Perhaps there were lots of people there but they were all just being quiet so the players could hear the verbal shot-clock countdowns....

Pro-tip: Don't leave your drink next to the timing box on the score-table. Sheesh.

The other important thing to note is that the "Super Bowl" comments don't just refer to the fan bases. It applies to the players and coaches as well.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 18th, 2017, 12:52 pm

Singeril wrote:But there IS a truth to it being the "Super Bowl" when WSU comes to town. Attendance is much higher, for the most part, when WSU is in town and playing in the home team's gym. That helps with school pride, concessions, etc. It's the best financial night of the season for many, if not all, Valley teams. WSU has been a financial boon to schools over the past few years..and not just because of their shared post season success. Check the average home attendance of each Valley team and then check what the attendance is for each team, at home, against WSU.

I'm not arguing this at ALL! It is most teams Super Bowl, there is no denying it (fans, players, coaches).

HOWEVER...

Last night, I stated that it didn't seem like UE's "Super Bowl" for whatever reason. They had 4,019 fans in attendance for a stadium that holds 10,000....hardly a Super Bowl, which is why I brought it up. The only reason it was said at all.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby specialsauce » January 18th, 2017, 1:12 pm

But you're missing the point. It's all relative.

Where does that 4019 rank in other games played this year? I'm guessing it's toward the top.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 18th, 2017, 1:18 pm

specialsauce wrote:But you're missing the point. It's all relative.

Where does that 4019 rank in other games played this year? I'm guessing it's toward the top.

4,803 on Saturday versus SIU

SIU > WSU in fan attendance at UE this season
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » January 18th, 2017, 1:21 pm

specialsauce wrote:But you're missing the point. It's all relative.

Ranks 4th out of seven games
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball