National Polls

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: National Polls

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 30th, 2017, 5:04 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:Bird fans I'd suggest a tip of the cap to the Shox for establishing the name they have where putting them on their ballot is easier than ISU. They've earned that.

This one isn't as big of a deal as some are making it out to be...

Really? In my last 3-4 posts above each time recognizing it's no big deal. I even said "Name recognition absolutely did this for you. That's great for the Shockers."

Just responding to people pushing back as to maybe "why" they are ranked higher.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » January 30th, 2017, 5:07 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:Bird fans I'd suggest a tip of the cap to the Shox for establishing the name they have where putting them on their ballot is easier than ISU. They've earned that.

This one isn't as big of a deal as some are making it out to be...

Really? In my last 3-4 posts above each time recognizing it's no big deal. I even said "Name recognition absolutely did this for you. That's great for the Shockers."

Just responding to people pushing back as to maybe "why" they are ranked higher.

I don't think anyone is making much of a big deal out of it. From either fanbase. Maybe we can get an SIU fan in here to throw some gas on the embers or something.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 30th, 2017, 5:33 pm

Cdizzle wrote:I don't think anyone is making much of a big deal out of it. From either fanbase. Maybe we can get an SIU fan in here to throw some gas on the embers or something.

I've read both boards. A lot of crazy talk going on.

I feel like these polls have made some people's year over on the old shockernet. It's very comical right now.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » January 30th, 2017, 6:30 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:I don't think anyone is making much of a big deal out of it. From either fanbase. Maybe we can get an SIU fan in here to throw some gas on the embers or something.

I feel like these polls have made some people's year over on the old shockernet. It's very comical right now.

I feel the same about the Redbird board. Man, they can't fathom the believe that Ben Jacobsen doesn't think Illinois State is a Top 25 team. Very, very petty.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSpringsBird » January 30th, 2017, 6:33 pm

TheObserver wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:

I feel the same about the Redbird board. Man, they can't fathom the believe that Ben Jacobsen doesn't think Illinois State is a Top 25 team. Very, very petty.

Those are mostly (all?) jokes, Championz/specialsauce/TheObserver/etc.). Have a look!

http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtop ... 0&start=10
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » January 30th, 2017, 6:47 pm

Congratulations to both teams. This gives me some hope that we can squeak 2 teams in this year after all.

The ncaa's are always so much more fun with a couple of valley teams to watch. I think both teams are capable of making a run there.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 30th, 2017, 7:51 pm

TheObserver wrote:

Those are jokes..... Wow man. Wow.

If you want to compare the hate on the boards and the campuses, take a look at the thread you guys started and the one we did regarding the polls. You'll see where the hate lies.

And the next time you want to call me out, come do it here, or in person. Running to your board and talking smack about me since you've had your butt handed to you on this one the past few conversations is weak SAUCE.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » January 30th, 2017, 8:00 pm

See there you go. Flying off the handle.

I post straight forward remarks. You threaten with condescending garbage when you get into ultra-defensive mode. So retire12. So predictable. You just can't help it. It's like a ticking time bomb.

So anything said on the Redbird board is a joke, while everything said on the Shocker board is certifiably evil. Got it. Typical.

You talk about me all of the time here. You can't stop talking about me and what I say at my board. What's the matter? Don't like it when it happens to you? I made an assumption. I was wrong. I thought for sure you would've been the one to go on an anti-WSU tirade because you do it all of the time. So please spare me with the "woe is me" anthem.

Butt handed to me? lol, child please.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheObserver » January 30th, 2017, 8:04 pm

Prediction: This thread will get derailed (again) with redbirdgrad getting the last possible word in, in the most condescending, hypocritical way possible. Everything will now be about me, the WSU board, a personal attack lobbed somewhere in the middle, and then a threat to top it off.

He cannot help it. Watch.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 30th, 2017, 9:53 pm

TheObserver wrote:I post straight forward remarks. You threaten with condescending garbage when you get into ultra-defensive mode. So retire12. So predictable. You just can't help it. It's like a ticking time bomb.

Here. You post straight forward remarks here. You're a piece of trash on your board who recently called me out. You were afraid to do it here. Man up.

TheObserver wrote:So anything said on the Redbird board is a joke, while everything said on the Shocker board is certifiably evil. Got it. Typical.

The quote you referenced on our board... was... wait for it... a joke.

Not everything on your board is evil.. I've never said that at all. But you and others started running your mouth as soon as the rankings came out. At this point it's disgusting. I frequent your board because there is usually very good discussion over there. I don't mind the hate, you get that on every board, but then you decided to call me out without... wait for it again... checking out your facts first. I was very complementary of you guys getting votes and I think you've earned them. Your first instinct was to trash me and anyone else you could think of. There's something SERIOUSLY wrong with you.

TheObserver wrote:You talk about me all of the time here.

Here. We discuss things here. There's a difference.

TheObserver wrote:You can't stop talking about me and what I say at my board. What's the matter? Don't like it when it happens to you? I made an assumption. I was wrong. I thought for sure you would've been the one to go on an anti-WSU tirade because you do it all of the time. So please spare me with the "woe is me" anthem.

Please show me an anti-WSU tirade.

TheObserver wrote:Butt handed to me? lol, child please.

Consistently. Consistently handed to you.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball