National Polls

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: National Polls

Postby TheObserver » January 30th, 2017, 10:11 pm

Called it.

And now I'll bow out to show I don't need the last word in yet another redbirdgrad-instigated mess.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Old School MVC » January 30th, 2017, 10:41 pm

For what it is worth, I would rank Wichita ahead of the Redbirds right now. Plain and simple, they are playing better at this point of time. Since their showdown, Wichita had one bad half against Bradley and one bad half against Evansville. ISUr has struggled since Halftime in the game right after the Shox (Bradley game).
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 30th, 2017, 10:47 pm

Old School MVC wrote:For what it is worth, I would rank Wichita ahead of the Redbirds right now. Plain and simple, they are playing better at this point of time. Since their showdown, Wichita had one bad half against Bradley and one bad half against Evansville. ISUr has struggled since Halftime in the game right after the Shox (Bradley game).

True...mainly on offense.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 30th, 2017, 10:56 pm

TheObserver wrote:Called it.

And now I'll bow out to show I don't need the last word in yet another redbirdgrad-instigated mess.

You aren't a better poster. Not by a long shot.

Get over your ISU hate and have a beer with Redbirdgrad at Arch. I'm sure he would be very cordial.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 31st, 2017, 7:10 am

Old School MVC wrote:For what it is worth, I would rank Wichita ahead of the Redbirds right now. Plain and simple, they are playing better at this point of time. Since their showdown, Wichita had one bad half against Bradley and one bad half against Evansville. ISUr has struggled since Halftime in the game right after the Shox (Bradley game).

Absolutely agree. Our offense has been mediocre at best. If we win both this week, then it's too 25 talk. If we lose Saturday, it completely justifies the rankings.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » January 31st, 2017, 7:15 am

Illinois State has to get through Wednesday before they start talking Saturday. UNI is playing really well right now.

But by all means, if ISU gets through the week 2-0 they absolutely deserve to be ranked and should legitimately start getting at large looks.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 31st, 2017, 7:54 am

BCPanther wrote:Illinois State has to get through Wednesday before they start talking Saturday. UNI is playing really well right now.

But by all means, if ISU gets through the week 2-0 they absolutely deserve to be ranked and should legitimately start getting at large looks.

Tony Wills vs Jeremy Morgan will be fun to watch. Hopefully the refs let them play...if so UNI is in big trouble
Last edited by BirdsEyeView on January 31st, 2017, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » January 31st, 2017, 8:55 am

WSU is very good at stomping mediocre teams. Haven't proved much with the upper tier yet.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 31st, 2017, 9:15 am

Now we're talking.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSpringsBird » January 31st, 2017, 11:08 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:

Absolutely agree. Our offense has been mediocre at best. If we win both this week, then it's too 25 talk. If we lose Saturday, it completely justifies the rankings.

I would rank Wichita ahead of the Redbirds as well, though I would love to be proven wrong. Clayton and Evans do a great job off the bench, and Ndiaye is a great shot blocker, but that's effectively it for the bench. If McIntosh's injury persists--or we get into significant foul trouble against a top-half team, as we did against Evansville--we are likely to struggle. Look how we struggled early in the year, when Ndiaye and Wills were either absent or not fully healthy. And it's easy to forget that the WSU/IlSU game in Normal was really close with six minutes to go.

I do think the Redbirds' starters are better than WSU's this year. In some ways, it's a reverse of some previous years, when WSU had better starters but the Redbirds arguably had a better bench than many MVC teams.

And no, I'm not overlooking UNI. I don't think the Panthers have the talent they've had in many previous years, but Jacobson is obviously a fine coach.
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball