Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Postby Play Angry » February 5th, 2017, 8:03 am

The pessimism/giving up on ISUr's at-large chances seems premature. 17-1 and a finals appearance at Arch Madness will very much keep you in the conversation.

The loss itself last night was not as damaging as the complete obliteration from an "eye test" standpoint just a month away from Selection Sunday. Those saying it made sense to fold up the tent for the final third of the game are spouting nonsense.

The Shocks and Bird have no margin for error the rest of the way. We will see if either of them blinks.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redhawk » February 5th, 2017, 8:16 am

ShoxNAwe wrote:
WSpringsBird wrote:I don't know how you got that out of my post. I have no problem with what happened in Normal, we shouldn't have left him open. It's also a motivator though.

I enjoy your posts. Congrats again on the win. Whatever happens this year, I do think the Shockers have a good shot to be in the preseason Top 25 next year.

Surely ISU will be there too, right? He is a fine coach and certainly has this program rolling.[/quote]

ISU won't be close to Top 25 preseason but should still be biggest threat to the Shockers again in the Valley.
Will lose Lee, Hawkins and Wills but gain two strong transfers in Yarbourough and Romine to help up front.
Also should have 3 strong guards coming in with arguably the best Muller recruit in Clarance and two JC sharpshooters in Tinsley and hopefully Copeland.

Future looks bright in Normal for at least the next two seasons. So yes Muller has the program rolling!
Last edited by Redhawk on February 5th, 2017, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » February 5th, 2017, 8:22 am

Play Angry wrote:The pessimism/giving up on ISUr's at-large chances seems premature. 17-1 and a finals appearance at Arch Madness will very much keep you in the conversation.

The loss itself last night was not as damaging as the complete obliteration from an "eye test" standpoint just a month away from Selection Sunday. Those saying it made sense to fold up the tent for the final third of the game are spouting nonsense.

The Shocks and Bird have no margin for error the rest of the way. We will see if either of them blinks.

Not giving up but the MM loss takes a lot of wind out of the sails. The problem is "no margin for error"
which is a big burden for this team without their best player.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » February 5th, 2017, 8:38 am

Well luckily you have zero games left against decent teams. You just have to suck it up and figure out a way to wade through the trash.
Last edited by Play Angry on February 5th, 2017, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSpringsBird » February 5th, 2017, 8:39 am

Redhawk wrote:
Play Angry wrote:The pessimism/giving up on ISUr's at-large chances seems premature. 17-1 and a finals appearance at Arch Madness will very much keep you in the conversation.

Not giving up but the MM loss takes a lot of wind out of the sails. The problem is "no margin for error"
which is a big burden for this team without their best player.

Right now, in terms of the quality of our play, we are just a lot closer to UNI/MSU/SIU than to WSU. We have not looked good in any game since we beat Bradley. I said before yesterday's game that we were not playing well enough to win out. I believe we have three more very high-risk games: at MO State, at Drake, and at Northern Iowa.

PlayAngry, I appreciate the sentiment and would like to believe the Birds could be in the at-large discussion. But I am just not seeing it.
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 5th, 2017, 9:36 am

I was unable to watch the game, and now I won't. But, what the f happened!?

Embarrassing.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » February 5th, 2017, 10:40 am

Just wanted to pass along my congrats to the Shox... looks like a great game.

Had to watch it via box score on my phone as the family had an untimely death last night and priorities have shifted.

Kudos to Shox.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » February 5th, 2017, 10:53 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:Just wanted to pass along my congrats to the Shox... looks like a great game.

Had to watch it via box score on my phone as the family had an untimely death last night and priorities have shifted.

Kudos to Shox.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a loved one. Condolences to you and your family!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » February 5th, 2017, 11:16 am

Wufan wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:Just wanted to pass along my congrats to the Shox... looks like a great game.

Kudos to Shox.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a loved one. Condolences to you and your family!

All good. Life happens. Thanks for the kind words. Good luck the rest of the way!
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » February 5th, 2017, 11:52 am

Wufan wrote:

Kudos to Shox.

:+1:
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball