Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Postby ShoxNAwe » February 5th, 2017, 12:51 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:I was unable to watch the game, and now I won't. But, what the f happened!?

Embarrassing.

Wichita State took control in the last five minutes of the first half and blew the game open right after the intermission. The Shockers used a devastating 35-4 run to settle matters early and moved back into a tie for the Valley lead with a resounding 86-45 victory before a loud and sold-out Charles Koch Arena crowd of 10,506.

“That was an old-fashioned butt whipping in every way imaginable,” said Dan Muller, who suffered his worst loss in five years as ISU’s coach.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SalukiHoops » February 5th, 2017, 2:56 pm

After seeing last night's beating, I do not want to see a rematch in The Finals. :cry:
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TSmithBJJ » February 5th, 2017, 3:10 pm

SalukiHoops wrote:After seeing last night's beating, I do not want to see a rematch in The Finals. :cry:

AGREED lol
BJJ, Muay Thai, and MMA.... (and MVC basketball).
TSmithBJJ
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby uniftw » February 6th, 2017, 8:41 am

Wufan wrote:I guess this is the thread to discuss today's other games as well...

SIU wins at Loyola and UE picks up their 2nd win against MSU. Salukis all alone in third.

UNI beats ISUb to get in the 4-6 mix with the aforementioned losers of today's contests.

Bradley beats Drake at home.

As unbelieveable as this sounds, UNI is nearly completely out of the Thursday discussion. Hacksaw posted a more updated list on PN, but UNI has less than a 9% chance to play on Thursday right now. ISUb, Evansville and Bradley are all "locks". Drake is nearly a lock. UNI owns a season sweep so even if UNI/Drake tie for that spot it's Drakes spot to have. Bradley, as of now, would hold the tie break over UNI but they are 2 games back right now.

UNI's remaining schedule
vs SIU
@ MSU
vs Bradley
@ WSU
@ ISUb
vs ISUr

Realistically speaking there are 3-4 wins left. According to hacksaw on PN UNI's odd of Thursday by conference win total are 6 conference wins - ~97-99% chance of Thursday game:

7 conference wins - ~50-53% chance of Thursday game
8 conference wins - ~7-8% chance of Thursday game
9 conference wins - ~0.1% chance of Thursday game

Drake has
ISUr
@ISUb
@ Evansville
MSU
@Loyola
Bradley

They have a relatively favorable schedule too, however, that tie breaker to UNI is a bitch for them. As is the fact their RPI currently sits at 281. That's 60 spots lower than 9th place Bradley.

A win for UNI on Wednesday puts them into third place (likely tied with Loyola) as MSU has WSU on Wednesday. A UNI win Wednesday, couple with ISUr beating Drake almost* locks UNI out of Thursday...almost. The difference between the 3 and 6 seed is nothing if truly thought about, especially in a year where the difference may simply be 1 game...or a tie break.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » February 6th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Man, a lot quieter over here today.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 2livewu » February 6th, 2017, 2:06 pm

uniftw wrote:UNI's remaining schedule
vs SIU
@ MSU
vs Bradley
@ WSU
@ ISUb
vs ISUr

Realistically speaking there are 3-4 wins left.

Realistically? MSU handled UNI at UNI. Maybe I'd argue 3 but that means winning at ISUb.

I don't see how a 6-6 team who needed miracles to beat SIU and ISUb already and had no legitimate chance to beat ISUr or WSU and who already lost to MSU can say realistically 3-4 and imply 5 is even possible.

Sure, anything is possible but come on man.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » February 6th, 2017, 2:33 pm

2livewu wrote:
Realistically? MSU handled UNI at UNI. Maybe I'd argue 3 but that means winning at ISUb.

I don't see how a 6-6 team who needed miracles to beat SIU and ISUb already and had no legitimate chance to beat ISUr or WSU and who already lost to MSU can say realistically 3-4 and imply 5 is even possible.

*and a miracle against Loyola... But i'm not still bitter. :(
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » February 6th, 2017, 2:34 pm

2livewu wrote:
uniftw wrote:UNI's remaining schedule
vs SIU
@ MSU
vs Bradley
@ WSU
@ ISUb
vs ISUr

Realistically speaking there are 3-4 wins left.

Handled? 4 points. Handled. Gotcha.

SIU and ISUr have never won in the McLeod, Bradley has won once. Jake is 7-3 all-time at MSU.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » February 6th, 2017, 2:48 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:Handled? 4 points. Handled. Gotcha.

The closest part of the game was the final score. MSU jumped out all over UNI and ballooned their lead to around 20. They led by double-digits the large majority of the game. They hung on at the end before almost getting Lusked.

Yes, they handled them.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » February 6th, 2017, 2:59 pm

TheObserver wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:Handled? 4 points. Handled. Gotcha.

The closest part of the game was the final score. MSU jumped out all over UNI and ballooned their lead to around 20. They led by double-digits the large majority of the game. They hung on at the end before almost getting Lusked.

Yes, they handled them.

The two teams are also trending in completely different directions right now
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball