1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Postby Khan4Cats » February 18th, 2017, 6:58 pm

2livewu wrote:I hope we're done with the Morgan for POY. Nice player, great defender, not POY.

POY is from ISU or WSU, period. By far and away the best players. Probably 8 of the best 10 in the league.

Morgan was done for the POY conversation 12 games ago.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Khan4Cats » February 18th, 2017, 7:02 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
TheObserver wrote:After the enormous hype the McCloud kid was receiving in the preseason, I was preparing myself for quite a show.

He did not look good. I mean he's a freshman and everything so I get it, but paring that with all of the drool UNI fans were gushing around I expected a lot more than that.

McCloud isn't even the best Freshman on UNI, let alone anywhere near the top of the league.

Juwan got bounced around by some top flight PGs early in the year and was seriously rattled as a shooter confidence wise. He's been pretty steady with ball-handling all year and should have a ton more assists if we could shoot at all but it is what it is. He's been slowly coming around but you can tell he's not confident even at the free throw line. He has been a disappointment in the results though he has shown flashes of what we had expected.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » February 18th, 2017, 10:42 pm

Alize with another 20/20 game. It isn't like Evansville either where every play is designed to get their designated scorer the ball. Everything he gets is on his own with no design help.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » February 18th, 2017, 10:47 pm

bleach wrote:Alize with another 20/20 game. It isn't like Evansville either where every play is designed to get their designated scorer the ball. Everything he gets is on his own with no design help.

Paul Lusk almost certainly avoids Thursday night. Marty Simmons almost certainly locks a spot in. Both will get extensions.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » February 18th, 2017, 10:50 pm

I would be very tempted to do things that get you the death penalty if that happens.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » February 18th, 2017, 10:58 pm

bleach wrote:I would be very tempted to do things that get you the death penalty if that happens.

Sheep everywhere are terrified.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » February 19th, 2017, 7:16 am

Wufan wrote:
bleach wrote:Alize with another 20/20 game. It isn't like Evansville either where every play is designed to get their designated scorer the ball. Everything he gets is on his own with no design help.

Paul Lusk almost certainly avoids Thursday night. Marty Simmons almost certainly locks a spot in. Both will get extensions.

:Cheers:

All joking aside he won't get an extension. But it may have save his job this year. Which is ridiculous given how we have underperformed with a really talented roster.

Alize should be all Valley first team despite our mediocrity. He's been terrific. And Church deserves some consideration for defensive player of the year. 6 blocks last night and leading the MVC on the year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » February 19th, 2017, 4:49 pm

The top 20 - Team they will be selected to:

Darrell Brown BU - HM
Reed Timmer Drake - 2
Jaylen Brown UE - 2
Ryan Taylor UE - HM
Paris Lee ISUr - POY
Deonte Hawkins ISUr - 1
MiKyle McIntosh ISUr - 2
Phil Fayne ISUr - HM
Brenton Scott ISUb - 2
Milton Doyle LUC - 1
Audre Jackson LUC - HM
Donte Ingram LUC - HM
Alize Johnson MSU - 2
Dequon Miller MSU
Jeremy Morgan UNI - 1
Sean O'Brien SIU - HM
Landry Shamet WSU - 2
Markis McDuffie WSU - 1
Shaq Morris WSU - HM
Conner Frankamp WSU - HM

Think of this as bracketology...not exactly what I would do.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShoxNAwe » February 19th, 2017, 11:04 pm

If you've been paying attention, how can anyone keep Landy Shamet off the 1st team? Forget he's a freshman and look at the impact he's had on WSU's success in the league.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby shockem » February 20th, 2017, 7:26 am

I'm fairly confident that Shamet will be voted on by people that matter. The biggest concern is having multiple worthy choices, like McDuffie/Shamet, or Lee/Hawkins/McIntosh, taking votes from each other. I can see guys like Doyle or A. Johnson getting 1st team because they are logical choices and will collect a lot of votes, bumping some of the guys above down to 2nd team.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball