Who should Drake hire?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who should Drake hire?

Postby Stickboy46 » February 22nd, 2017, 10:55 am

uniftw wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
LanceShock wrote:Lots of applicants (they have to turn some away)... See this article:

https://news.illinoisstate.edu/2016/09/ ... ent-trend/

From your article...to continue to compare to UNI since it's what I've been doing for a while on AGS.

GPA of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale and an average ACT score near 24

UNI's average incoming GPA right now is 3.32 and ACT of 23 per a release about the 2016 enrollment.

Compare UNI to ISUr here

UNI
http://www.collegesimply.com/colleges/i ... admission/

ISU
http://www.collegesimply.com/colleges/i ... admission/

I know it's going to cause a stir, but ISUr isn't anything special

ISU is probably growing as much/more to do with cost than education.

http://www.collegeillinois.org/PlansAnd ... dFees.html

Chicago State University $12,016
Eastern Illinois University $12,059
Governors State University $11,212
Illinois State University $14,961
Northeastern Illinois University $15,172
Northern Illinois University $14,193
Southern Illinois University / Carbondale varies between $14,187 and $15,643
University Of Illinois at Springfield $15,817
University of Illinois varies between $16,000 and $20,7000 for the majority of majors
Western Illinois University $13,078

It's cheap compared to UI. It's why Iowa has so many Illinois residents. When everything is added in it's cheaper to go to school at Iowa than in Illinois.

Interesting data. So according to that the average GPA of incoming freshman at WSU is higher than ISUr ... So maybe its a higher acceptance rate because of higher quality applicants ... :p
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby UEACES80 » February 22nd, 2017, 3:59 pm

Can anyone get Marty the phone number of Governors State University Athletic Department - looking for future opponents. ;)
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » February 22nd, 2017, 4:10 pm

UEACES80 wrote:Can anyone get Marty the phone number of Governors State University Athletic Department - looking for future opponents. ;)

Very solid post. Levity. Self-deprecation. Honesty. It has it all.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » February 22nd, 2017, 8:55 pm

I still have hope that Sandy will be leaving for another job, that steps are already being taken to replace her, and that the new AD will be somebody who knows about basketball and believes the top priority of the athletic department is a successful mens basketball program.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » February 22nd, 2017, 9:46 pm

Drakey wrote:I still have hope that Sandy will be leaving for another job, that steps are already being taken to replace her, and that the new AD will be somebody who knows about basketball and believes the top priority of the athletic department is a successful mens basketball program.

But, is there any chance in hell that that person would be at Drake in time to make this basketball hire?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DUBulldog » February 28th, 2017, 12:23 pm

Drake has opened up the coaching search. They say that Rutter will have an opportunity to interview. I don't think he has a chance.

The same athletic director who hired Mark Phelps and Ray Giacoletti is still the AD. Drake fans are hoping and praying that the university president makes this pick, not the AD.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bball Junkie » February 28th, 2017, 12:29 pm

I was hoping Governor's State University had a basketball program looking for a head coach - Marty could apply there, accept the position, and let us Aces fans rejoice in unison.
Bball Junkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 28th, 2017, 12:46 pm

Bball Junkie wrote:I was hoping Governor's State University had a basketball program looking for a head coach - Marty could apply there, accept the position, and let us Aces fans rejoice in unison.

I'll get to work on it...we have a swimming pool not 30 feet from the court. Would that be enough to incentivize Marty?
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » February 28th, 2017, 2:10 pm

DUBulldog wrote:Drake has opened up the coaching search. They say that Rutter will have an opportunity to interview. I don't think he has a chance.

The same athletic director who hired Mark Phelps and Ray Giacoletti is still the AD. Drake fans are hoping and praying that the university president makes this pick, not the AD.

This may come back to bite me on Thursday but I didn't see a DU team playing their butts off for their coach vs Bradley in Des Moines on Saturday.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BearUp11 » February 28th, 2017, 3:24 pm

RoyalShock wrote:Other than the possibility of taking over WSU someday should Marshall leave, there are really only three MVC programs I could see hiring Steve Forbes: UNI, SIU, MSU, simply due to being public schools either in good shape already (UNI) or mediocre with potential (SIU, MSU).

Rumor is in Springfield that MSU is going to try to go after Steve Forbes. I've heard they are supposed to announce their decision on Lusk by the end of this week. I've also heard some big booster has stepped up with the money for the buyout. Honestly I like what Drake's current interim coach has done with the team!
Everyday is a great day to BearUp!
BearUp11
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball