1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Postby SalukiHoops » February 27th, 2017, 8:36 am

BlueChipShock wrote:ISUr and WSU went 17-1 and finished EIGHT games ahead of the field in the MVC....to the victor go the spoils.

First team ALL MVC

P Lee - POY
Hawkins
McDuffie
Shamet -NCOY/FOY
Morris

yeah...... that wont happen
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Bradleyfan1 » February 27th, 2017, 8:41 am

SalukiHoops wrote:
BlueChipShock wrote:ISUr and WSU went 17-1 and finished EIGHT games ahead of the field in the MVC....to the victor go the spoils.

First team ALL MVC

P Lee - POY
Hawkins
McDuffie
Shamet -NCOY/FOY
Morris

Lol First off Johnson for NCOY is a no brainer.
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 27th, 2017, 8:53 am

GoAcesgo wrote:
Aargh wrote:WSU fans had 4 years of watching two guards who are now in the NBA. Prior to that we got to watch some guys named Armstead, Hannah, and Ragland. We've watched those guys play against some of the best guards in all of D1 when they made runs in the NCAA and NIT tourneys.

Do UE fans have any similar background for evaluating guard play?

Although it is kind of fun to banter with fans of a Thursday night team talking smack on the top 2 teams in the league's players. UE finished 11games behind UE and WSU. ELEVEN! There were only 18 games on the schedule. This is gold. Pure gold.

You know what is gold is this, he held an offer from IL ST...haha so I guess he could have been on the team if he wanted, now we all know that WSU is the class of the league, but to act like that guy has no ability is making some of you look foolish, I'm not saying he is the best guard in the league or the best player in the league, but in my opinion he is a right around top 5 and as a fan I hope he makes the first team, that's it.

There is a difference between being recruited as good enough for a team AND being a starter for said team. Jaylon Brown is the perfect definition of a player in a system designed to score points in his role. He was not that option last year, but thrusted into it this season when Balentine graduated.

ISUr is not 17-1, 25-5 without a stellar defense and I don't think we have the same record if we replace Tony Wills with Jaylon Brown. Tony is not great offensively, but that's not what we really need him for with Hawkins, McIntosh, Lee and Fayne on the floor (even Evans as UNI fans can now see from Saturday). Tony is our best defender. Morgan scored 2 points on Saturday on his own Senior Night...TWO (1-11 shooting).

No way in hell Brown can shut him down like that. Tony is our intangibles guy and a great defender.

I would love to see the VORP for Brown on a different team. Like what would his VORP be if he played for WSU or for ISUr and played a completely different system of play?
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 27th, 2017, 8:57 am

Bradleyfan1 wrote:
SalukiHoops wrote:

First team ALL MVC

P Lee - POY
Hawkins
McDuffie
Shamet -NCOY/FOY
Morris

I agree with this, will run a different thread for my predictions on all award winners...
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BlueChipShock » February 27th, 2017, 9:03 am

SalukiHoops wrote:

First team ALL MVC

P Lee - POY
Hawkins
McDuffie
Shamet -NCOY/FOY
Morris

Oh I didnt say it would happen, I know its an "everybody gets a trophy" world, I just said it should happen....BTW Shamet was an either/or for NC/FOY, I know he wont get both but the last 12 Valley games he has been the best player on the court.
BlueChipShock
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Stickboy46 » February 27th, 2017, 9:07 am

Bradleyfan1 wrote:
SalukiHoops wrote:

First team ALL MVC

P Lee - POY
Hawkins
McDuffie
Shamet -NCOY/FOY
Morris

I think no brainer is a stretch. The only reason its a "no brainer" is if you disqualify Shamet for NCOY because he's winning FOY. Shamet very well could win POY, and then it would be hard to justify how the best player in the league is a Newcomer, yet give the NCOY award to someone else.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » February 27th, 2017, 9:08 am

sixth ace wrote:
Aargh wrote:
If Evansville had a single player who would be a starter for either IlSU or WSU, Evansville wouldn't be playing Thursday in St. Louis.

Sorry Injuries and illness effects all teams thoughout the season Evansville had their overabundance this year and would have been a contender for the 3-4 spot without it. The perfect example of the crying that went on with McIntosh injury late in the conference schedule by IlSU.
:Cheers: :Beer:

Yet somehow ISU still won without arguably their best player.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby municup14 » February 28th, 2017, 5:45 am

First beat writer has released his picks,from Indiana St
Shamett
MC Duffie
McIntosh
Lee
Johnson, MOU. St.
Lee POY
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby municup14 » March 3rd, 2017, 7:48 pm

I'm sure Jaylon Brown proved this weekend he belonged on the 1st team.
Averaged over 20 points in 2 games while Doyle had 5 late game points. :Bam: :Bam:
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » March 3rd, 2017, 8:26 pm

municup14 wrote:I'm sure Jaylon Brown proved this weekend he belonged on the 1st team.
Averaged over 20 points in 2 games while Doyle had 5 late game points. :Bam: :Bam:

Also played 79 minutes. Shaq Morris' per 39.5 mpg average is 26 and 14.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball