Who should Drake hire?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who should Drake hire?

Postby BCPanther » February 28th, 2017, 5:22 pm

DUBulldog wrote:Drake has opened up the coaching search. They say that Rutter will have an opportunity to interview. I don't think he has a chance.

The same athletic director who hired Mark Phelps and Ray Giacoletti is still the AD. Drake fans are hoping and praying that the university president makes this pick, not the AD.

Yeah, if there's a search, he's not getting it.

Reminds me of Iowa State being all gung ho to hire TJ Otzelberger until the president stepped in and required a search. You knew TJ didn't have a chance.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AndShock » February 28th, 2017, 5:59 pm

Why would Forbes leave ETSU for the Valley? He's probably a year or two off from a P5 job.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby municup14 » February 28th, 2017, 6:51 pm

UEACES80 wrote:Can anyone get Marty the phone number of Governors State University Athletic Department - looking for future opponents. ;)

What does this have anything do to with a new coach at Drake :huh:
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » February 28th, 2017, 7:08 pm

AndShock wrote:Why would Forbes leave ETSU for the Valley? He's probably a year or two off from a P5 job.

He'd actually be a really good fit at MSU. It would be a large pay increase, and MSU fans will support a winner. It could turn out to be a really good gig.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » February 28th, 2017, 7:43 pm

Wufan wrote:
AndShock wrote:Why would Forbes leave ETSU for the Valley? He's probably a year or two off from a P5 job.

He'd actually be a really good fit at MSU. It would be a large pay increase, and MSU fans will support a winner. It could turn out to be a really good gig.

I guess he might take it if he thinks he can win with the players coming back next year. I just don't see any way he's there for over 2 years.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » February 28th, 2017, 11:45 pm

Drake players held a meeting with the school president, lobbying for Rutter

https://twitter.com/GarmanSports/status/836668915753209857

I'm trying not to read too much into it, but if they met with him instead of the AD, does that mean they think he's the one who will make the hire?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 1st, 2017, 8:58 am

DUBulldog wrote:Drake players held a meeting with the school president, lobbying for Rutter

I'm trying not to read too much into it, but if they met with him instead of the AD, does that mean they think he's the one who will make the hire?

I think he could be a nice fit, depending on his recruiting ability.

Offensively, you were much better with him using the same players
The problems came on defense....I think you just don't have the athletes, quickness to compete on this side of the ball.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » March 1st, 2017, 3:04 pm

DUBulldog wrote:Drake players held a meeting with the school president, lobbying for Rutter

Im not say Rutter SHOULDN'T get it...but listening to players who finished tied for last this season wouldn't be the wisest move ever. What are they going to do....leave??
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » March 1st, 2017, 3:05 pm

Wufan wrote:

I don't 'think the money would be huge at MSU. Not from what I have heard. Paying a ton of money to fire Lusk and then paying a ton more for a new guy doesn't appear to be in the cards.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » March 1st, 2017, 6:11 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Wufan wrote:

I don't 'think the money would be huge at MSU. Not from what I have heard. Paying a ton of money to fire Lusk and then paying a ton more for a new guy doesn't appear to be in the cards.

Forbes make $205,000.00 this year. If MSU can't grant an attractive offer above that, then Lusk might as well stay.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball