It's Semi Saturday

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

It's Semi Saturday

Postby BlueChipShock » March 4th, 2017, 6:51 am

ISUr vs SIU

WSU vs MSU

Still feels like prelims until we get to the Main Event of WSU v ISU on Sunday. I expect both teams win by at least 8 today and on to the rubber match Sunday. IMO WSU locks up a NCAA bid with a win today which is a joke because they should already be a lock. I still think ISU has to win out to get in with the auto and that's too bad cause they deserve a bid as well.
BlueChipShock
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

It's Semi Saturday

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby SubGod22 » March 4th, 2017, 7:46 am

Had it been Loyola, I might be tempted to predict an upset of ISU. I don't see the Uglies pulling that off.

Birds by 10

As much as I like the talent on the Bears team, they're not going to hang for 40. Lusk stands on the sidelines for the last time for MSU

Shox by 22
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » March 4th, 2017, 8:15 am

Should have a pretty good size crowd today, looking forward to it! Hope my Birds pull out the win so we get to the matchup everyone has been waiting for
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirds4Life » March 4th, 2017, 8:58 am

I am going to go out on a limb today and say Birds and Shox get it done..... For real, I think both teams roll into Sunday, and not sure if either game is very close. SIU played ISU to a 4 point game a week ago, but I think ISU will be better today. As for the Shox, they have been so damn impressive in the last month or so and I don't think that MSU will be much trouble.

Birds by 15
Shox by 31
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby All-MVC Fan » March 4th, 2017, 9:00 am

If there's an upset to be had today, it'll be Barry's Boys over the Redbirds. Not likely, but more so than the other possibility. I could see WSU vs SIU in the final.
All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BlueChipShock » March 4th, 2017, 9:03 am

SubGod22 wrote:Had it been Loyola, I might be tempted to predict an upset of ISU. I don't see the Uglies pulling that off.

Birds by 10

As much as I like the talent on the Bears team, they're not going to hang for 40. Lusk stands on the sidelines for the last time for MSU

Shox by 22

I actually think WSU will have the closer game today but will win by 8-12. I do get a kick out of some of the WSU fans on SN, one goof ball even compared to the shox to Drake when they play in St Louis. Indeed the shox have struggled in St Louis but the shox struggles early against
Bradley had more to do with the Braves defense than the shox turning into Drake. Every year is a new year and this year's version of the Shockers are like a Boa and the rest of the Valley (xcept ISUr) is the rat.....the rat will struggle awhile but eventually the Boa will squeeze the life out of the poor rat...
BlueChipShock
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby BCPanther » March 4th, 2017, 10:05 am

Birds by 9

Shox by whatever Gregg wants. I'll say 32.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » March 4th, 2017, 11:56 am

Birds by 10

Shocks by 20+

Tomorrow
Shocks by 15
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » March 4th, 2017, 4:14 pm

Redbirds on cruise control. Barring a stunning upset in the late game, the Valley will get ISU-WSU tomorrow and likely 2 bids to the NCAA tournament.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BlueChipShock » March 4th, 2017, 4:53 pm

Congrats to the Redbirds for TCB today. I picked them to win big today..glad they did. I think WSU/MSU could be a little closer but in the end WSU's depth will win out.

BTW, Jerry Palm sounds like Jim Carrey in the movie "Cable Guy"
BlueChipShock
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball