It's Semi Saturday

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby WSpringsBird » March 4th, 2017, 8:20 pm

WSpringsBird wrote:
bleach wrote:
WSpringsBird wrote:I thought it was interesting and classy that Marshall seemed to go out of his way to compliment Lusk in the post-game press conference.

I really like and respect Marshall but there is nothing special about that. All coaches do that. Besides, it is easy beating Lusk.

I've seen times when Marshall has not been that gracious after games.

A better way to put that would be to say there are times when I have seen him be less effusive in his praise.
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mvcfan » March 4th, 2017, 8:30 pm

An interesting tidbit. I want to say that while I didn't yell or be loud st all tonight, I wanted ISUR to win because I thought it right that two 17-1 teams meet in the Championship game when the next place team is 9-9. However, I saw most of the ISUR side of the arena cheering for MSU. I don't know if that was because ISU cabs are scared to play us or if it was because they hate us. Either way, see you tomorrow.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » March 4th, 2017, 8:32 pm

Another statement to MSU fans. Congratulations for giving us a competitive game for the 2nd time in a week. Your team is truly talented.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BearUp11 » March 4th, 2017, 8:43 pm

bleach wrote:He is back.

Our AD is truely a pathetic loser. Words can not describe how pissed I am. Looks like the MSU Basketball Boycott continues for another year. Maybe we can get our avg. attendance down to 3,000 next season.
Everyday is a great day to BearUp!
BearUp11
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby ISUSOX13 » March 4th, 2017, 10:32 pm

mvcfan wrote:An interesting tidbit. I want to say that while I didn't yell or be loud st all tonight, I wanted ISUR to win because I thought it right that two 17-1 teams meet in the Championship game when the next place team is 9-9. However, I saw most of the ISUR side of the arena cheering for MSU. I don't know if that was because ISU cabs are scared to play us or if it was because they hate us. Either way, see you tomorrow.

Funny. Was seeing the same thing from the yellow and black clad Shockers fans yesterday.

Don't be a hypocrite.
ISUSOX13
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby LandStander » March 4th, 2017, 11:17 pm

BearUp11 wrote:

Our AD is truely a pathetic loser. Words can not describe how pissed I am. Looks like the MSU Basketball Boycott continues for another year. Maybe we can get our avg. attendance down to 3,000 next season.

Didn't your AD literally say they didn't care if attendance is down?

Edit: it is MSU's president
http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2017/03/04/126599/

“I encourage them to hang with us,” Smart added, “but if they want to drop out for a year and come back when we’re winning and heading to the NCAA Tournament, we’ll be happy to welcome them back.”
LandStander
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby BearUp11 » March 4th, 2017, 11:31 pm

LandStander wrote:
BearUp11 wrote:

Didn't your AD literally say they didn't care if attendance is down?

Edit: it is MSU's president
http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2017/03/04/126599/

“I encourage them to hang with us,” Smart added, “but if they want to drop out for a year and come back when we’re winning and heading to the NCAA Tournament, we’ll be happy to welcome them back.”

I couldn't believe he said that. I miss the days when we would sellout JQH, when games mattered. Now it's just disappointment after disappointment. Imagine if your president said he doesn't care about his school's fan base.
Everyday is a great day to BearUp!
BearUp11
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby LandStander » March 4th, 2017, 11:50 pm

[/quote]
I couldn't believe he said that. I miss the days when we would sellout JQH, when games mattered. Now it's just disappointment after disappointment. Imagine if your president said he doesn't care about his school's fan base.[/quote]

I couldn't even imagine. That's why I brought it up. I saw it mentioned on shockernet and had to look it up myself, couldn't believe it.
LandStander
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 4th, 2017, 11:56 pm

Holy crap, the president ACTUALLY said that? I also read it on SN but genuinely thought it was a joke.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » March 5th, 2017, 12:09 am

ISUSOX13 wrote:
mvcfan wrote:An interesting tidbit. I want to say that while I didn't yell or be loud st all tonight, I wanted ISUR to win because I thought it right that two 17-1 teams meet in the Championship game when the next place team is 9-9. However, I saw most of the ISUR side of the arena cheering for MSU. I don't know if that was because ISU cabs are scared to play us or if it was because they hate us. Either way, see you tomorrow.

Funny. Was seeing the same thing from the yellow and black clad Shockers fans yesterday.

Don't be a hypocrite.

That's because WSU doesn't need Illinois State to make the NCAA's. Illinois State needs 21st-ranked, perennial power WSU in order to beef up a resume that has bad losses and a program that lacks relevance and pedigree.

I'm not surprised though that Redbird fans would be ignorant to these factors. It also doesn't surprise me to see people root against the big boy.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball