It's Semi Saturday

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 5th, 2017, 2:17 am

TheObserver wrote:
ISUSOX13 wrote:
mvcfan wrote:An interesting tidbit. I want to say that while I didn't yell or be loud st all tonight, I wanted ISUR to win because I thought it right that two 17-1 teams meet in the Championship game when the next place team is 9-9. However, I saw most of the ISUR side of the arena cheering for MSU. I don't know if that was because ISU cabs are scared to play us or if it was because they hate us. Either way, see you tomorrow.

Funny. Was seeing the same thing from the yellow and black clad Shockers fans yesterday.

Don't be a hypocrite.

That's because WSU doesn't need Illinois State to make the NCAA's. Illinois State needs 21st-ranked, perennial power WSU in order to beef up a resume that has bad losses and a program that lacks relevance and pedigree.

I'm not surprised though that Redbird fans would be ignorant to these factors. It also doesn't surprise me to see people root against the big boy.

Your fans were openly cheering against ISUr...well until it was a 30 point game. You are not here...
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 5th, 2017, 2:26 am

Fever, you can keep ripping on the Birds all you want on Shockernet, but we are one of your best wins of the year..without McIntosh.

Rather than hate, watch Muller's genuine Coach of the Year speech. It was a great speech, but it doesn't fit your agenda towards Redbird hate...per Shockernet.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » March 5th, 2017, 8:42 am

ISUSOX13 wrote:
mvcfan wrote:An interesting tidbit. I want to say that while I didn't yell or be loud st all tonight, I wanted ISUR to win because I thought it right that two 17-1 teams meet in the Championship game when the next place team is 9-9. However, I saw most of the ISUR side of the arena cheering for MSU. I don't know if that was because ISU cabs are scared to play us or if it was because they hate us. Either way, see you tomorrow.

Funny. Was seeing the same thing from the yellow and black clad Shockers fans yesterday.

Don't be a hypocrite.

I you're such a liar. I sat around a lot of Shocker and Bird fans and there was no noise in our section from either group. But there was a lot more noise than 20 bear fans can make and there were ISU fans standing up across from me and cheering. We've been here before and expect it from you. I really didn't care who we played but as I said before, I thought it fair that we meet. I actually met a couple from Normal who were friendly. Then I met a couple who when I told them I hoped we would play, they were openly disrespectful and hoped we would lose. Maybe that was you and your wife.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » March 5th, 2017, 9:09 am

LandStander wrote:
BearUp11 wrote:
bleach wrote:He is back.

Our AD is truely a pathetic loser. Words can not describe how pissed I am. Looks like the MSU Basketball Boycott continues for another year. Maybe we can get our avg. attendance down to 3,000 next season.

Didn't your AD literally say they didn't care if attendance is down?

Edit: it is MSU's president
http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2017/03/04/126599/

“I encourage them to hang with us,” Smart added, “but if they want to drop out for a year and come back when we’re winning and heading to the NCAA Tournament, we’ll be happy to welcome them back.”

What a horrendous decision. Supposedly the money had been raised from boosters to fund the buyout so that wasn't the issue.

The problem is we have an AD and president that don't understand basketball. It's particularly unfortunate because the rest of MSU's endeavors are going well. Enrollment is up, campus improvements, etc.

At least we have baseball.9-1 on the year with 2 preseason all Americans.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SHOX1MVC » March 5th, 2017, 9:28 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:Fever, you can keep ripping on the Birds all you want on Shockernet, but we are one of your best wins of the year..without McIntosh.

Rather than hate, watch Muller's genuine Coach of the Year speech. It was a great speech, but it doesn't fit your agenda towards Redbird hate...per Shockernet.

I don't hate the birds and I have no problem with Dan winning COY, but your coy "...without McIntosh" is a joke. A 41 point beat down and you think MM would have been the difference... :Bam:
SHOX1MVC
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 5th, 2017, 10:14 am

SHOX1MVC wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Fever, you can keep ripping on the Birds all you want on Shockernet, but we are one of your best wins of the year..without McIntosh.

I don't hate the birds and I have no problem with Dan winning COY, but your coy "...without McIntosh" is a joke. A 41 point beat down and you think MM would have been the difference... :Bam:

I agree we still lose that game, just not by 41...but your defensive game plan MUST change with McIntosh in the lineup and will today.

Good luck today. Regardless of winner, both teams should play in the NCAAs
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SHOX1MVC » March 5th, 2017, 11:15 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
SHOX1MVC wrote:

I agree we still lose that game, just not by 41...but your defensive game plan MUST change with McIntosh in the lineup and will today.

Good luck today. Regardless of winner, both teams should play in the NCAAs

This I 100% agree with. Looking forward to a championship caliber game.
SHOX1MVC
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby mvcfan » March 5th, 2017, 9:46 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:I agree we still lose that game, just not by 41...but your defensive game plan MUST change with McIntosh in the lineup and will today.

Just to discuss game strategy, BIrdsEyeView, you are kind of a soothsayer. You were correct, MM playing did change the WSU defensive strategy. However, not the way I have a feeling, that you expected nor the way I expected. Landry Shamet was assigned McIntosh most of the game and he did a fine job. MM scored 16 points in 27 minutes. However, he scored 2 of 7 inside the 3 point line where I would have expected that he would do most of his damage (because he is 6'7 and 235 to Landry's 6'4 and 188). It looked like a masterful move. However, Brown and McDuffie weren't as effective on Lee as they were when WSU beat ISUR by 41 points.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 5th, 2017, 11:02 pm

mvcfan wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:I agree we still lose that game, just not by 41...but your defensive game plan MUST change with McIntosh in the lineup and will today.

Just to discuss game strategy, BIrdsEyeView, you are kind of a soothsayer. You were correct, MM playing did change the WSU defensive strategy. However, not the way I have a feeling, that you expected nor the way I expected. Landry Shamet was assigned McIntosh most of the game and he did a fine job. MM scored 16 points in 27 minutes. However, he scored 2 of 7 inside the 3 point line where I would have expected that he would do most of his damage (because he is 6'7 and 235 to Landry's 6'4 and 188). It looked like a masterful move. However, Brown and McDuffie weren't as effective on Lee as they were when WSU beat ISUR by 41 points.

Yup agreed...too bad NOBODY else helped Lee and McIntosh today offensively. And Mac really got nothing going until the final 10 minutes
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball