Marshall

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Marshall

Postby Aces1982 » March 6th, 2017, 10:19 am

There are all sort of rumors out there that Tom Crean is headed to Missouri. If that happens, I believe IU would be a job Marshall would leave Wichita for.

What are the chances. I would say better then 50%.

With that said, IU has fired a football coach and soccer coach over behavior they didn't like.

The Canada incident could be a saving grace for Shocker fans, at least saving from him going to IU.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Marshall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Marshall

Postby Aces1982 » March 6th, 2017, 10:25 am

Names that have been thrown around:

Archie Miller
Marshall
Alford
Billy Donovan
Tony Bennett
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Horn28Clem30 » March 6th, 2017, 10:26 am

Indiana was honestly one of very small amount of jobs I was worried Marshall would leave for; however I think the timing is perfect for Wichita State. With the age of his kids, the state of the program right now, he's not going anywhere. He's got a better shot at final four runs the next 2-3 years where he's at then going to Indiana.
Horn28Clem30
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » March 6th, 2017, 10:31 am

Can we rename this the "Annual Hope Marshall Finally Leaves WSU" thread?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » March 6th, 2017, 10:53 am

I think there's a better chance that Aces1982 follows through on a bet than Marshall leaving after this year.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » March 6th, 2017, 10:54 am

Cdizzle wrote:Can we rename this the "Annual Hope Marshall Finally Leaves WSU" thread?

*raises hand*

I hope Marshall stays forever, he's great for the league.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirds4Life » March 6th, 2017, 11:06 am

BCPanther wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Can we rename this the "Annual Hope Marshall Finally Leaves WSU" thread?

*raises hand*

I hope Marshall stays forever, he's great for the league.

Yeah, Marshall might not leave Wichita State, but Wichita State might not be in the league for much longer....
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Bradleyfan1 » March 6th, 2017, 11:07 am

The only thing better than him staying here and getting his butt kicked would be him leaving to a nationally favored program and getting his butt kicked.
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » March 6th, 2017, 11:09 am

Bradleyfan1 wrote:The only thing better than him staying here and getting his butt kicked would be him leaving to a nationally favored program and getting his butt kicked.

Either you're heavily medicated or should be heavily medicated.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby All-MVC Fan » March 6th, 2017, 11:28 am

If I was a Wichita State fan, Indiana is one of the few jobs that would worry me in relation to losing HCGM. However, the IU AD is a bit of a cotton-headed ninnymuggins, who isn't totally sure what he's doing, but above all else, he expects his coaches to be nice to everyone at all times. Not sure Marshall would leave for an environment like that. But it is a blue-blood program, with limitless resources and a crazy fan base. His style would sell well in Bloomington, though, as would his resume. He's more successful than any IU coach since Knight.

I think Marshall stays at WSU this year. Now, if UNC opens up in the future, I would be worried...

And I agree with the statement above, Marshall, and WSU, are good for the Valley. I hope they never leave!
All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball