The Technical Show

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: The Technical Show

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 6th, 2017, 12:48 pm

TheObserver wrote:Also, this is for retire 12, who is the worst of them all.

There's a reason I haven't posted here in a while, and probably wont again.

1 - had an incident in my life that made me open my eyes and value things in a different manner. hope it never happens to anyone else. enough said

2 - you're a piece of garbage. there's a reason you're attacked from every angle on this board, including those supposedly in your corner. at some point in your life you'll grow up, but given the trend it'll be a long time from now. the mods keep checking you, yet you still don't get the point.

To the Shocker faithful this year, congrats on winning the title. Deserving champions this year. Beat us when we were at 100% and you'll most likely win a couple times in the Big Dance. Good luck to you guys in the future, in whatever conference you end up. Hopefully we're dancing with you this year, but we can only point the finger at ourselves if we wind up in the NIT.

To the Observer. Please, get the last word in for the final time in this situation, and when you've finally hit the last keystroke, I pray you grow up. You're a disgrace to your fellow Shocker Faithful.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Bradleyfan1 » March 6th, 2017, 12:54 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:
Bradleyfan1 wrote:It's Darrel Brown not Taylor . Taylor played years ago.

Looked like he was making at play at the ball to me. :)

Ok so no play on the ball yes, that's why the crew made the call. At that point Brown was the one in the wrong. Then Greg attacked him. I would have T'd GM and BW.

Brown did not undercut him he went double arm shove to the lower back , giving up the size he was, it really was the only way to try and stop the score.
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » March 6th, 2017, 1:00 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
TheObserver wrote:Also, this is for retire 12, who is the worst of them all.

There's a reason I haven't posted here in a while, and probably wont again.

1 - had an incident in my life that made me open my eyes and value things in a different manner. hope it never happens to anyone else. enough said

2 - you're a piece of garbage. there's a reason you're attacked from every angle on this board, including those supposedly in your corner. at some point in your life you'll grow up, but given the trend it'll be a long time from now. the mods keep checking you, yet you still don't get the point.

To the Shocker faithful this year, congrats on winning the title. Deserving champions this year. Beat us when we were at 100% and you'll most likely win a couple times in the Big Dance. Good luck to you guys in the future, in whatever conference you end up. Hopefully we're dancing with you this year, but we can only point the finger at ourselves if we wind up in the NIT.

To the Observer. Please, get the last word in for the final time in this situation, and when you've finally hit the last keystroke, I pray you grow up. You're a disgrace to your fellow Shocker Faithful.

Win and in huh? :lol:
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » March 6th, 2017, 1:06 pm

Bradleyfan1 wrote:Brown did not undercut him he went double arm shove to the lower back , giving up the size he was, it really was the only way to try and stop the score.

You do this in rec ball and you get your s*** kicked.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » March 6th, 2017, 2:50 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Bradleyfan1 wrote:Brown did not undercut him he went double arm shove to the lower back , giving up the size he was, it really was the only way to try and stop the score.

I do not think that Brown committed the foul with any malice. I think he was genuinely trying to prevent Willis from scoring. That being said, he was reckless and I (obviously) agree this was a bad foul and deserved to be called an intentional foul. We were down 30. It was the last game of our season. Brown was having a bad game, he was frustrated. It happens. Brown is a freshman, he will hopefully learn from this and it won't happen again. I don't love Marshall yelling at Brown about it though. That was what upset Wardle. I understand Marshall is protecting his player there and Willis could easily have gotten hurt on a play like that. But it's not his job to coach our players. If you have an issue with one of our players, it should at the very least be between coaches and off the court.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » March 6th, 2017, 2:54 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

II don't love Marshall yelling at Brown about it though. That was what upset Wardle. I understand Marshall is protecting his player there and Willis could easily have gotten hurt on a play like that. But it's not his job to coach our players.

It becomes his job when the safety of his players come in to question.

Really kind of a non-issue for me. Brown shouldn't have done it. It should have been a Flagrant 1. It was. Marshall backed up his guy, which makes sense. Wardle didn't like it, which also makes sense.

I do find it a little odd when those who had the potential to suffer injury are made out to have done something wrong, though.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » March 6th, 2017, 2:59 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:II don't love Marshall yelling at Brown about it though. That was what upset Wardle. I understand Marshall is protecting his player there and Willis could easily have gotten hurt on a play like that. But it's not his job to coach our players.

It becomes his job when the safety of his players come in to question.

Really kind of a non-issue for me. Brown shouldn't have done it. It should have been a Flagrant 1. It was. Marshall backed up his guy, which makes sense. Wardle didn't like it, which also makes sense.

I do find it a little odd when those who had the potential to suffer injury are made out to have done something wrong, though.

I just don't think Marshall yelling at an 18 year old kid in front of 8,000(ish) people is the right time or place. Part of Wardle's job is to make sure things like this don't happen. If Marshall would have started off yelling it Wardle, I'd have a lot less of a problem with it. But at the end of the day, Marshall is defending his player. I can always get behind that.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » March 6th, 2017, 4:08 pm

I think players learn by Jr. High that when you push a guy in the back while he's in the air, he's going down - and going down HARD! Driving a guy into the goal support that way - there's no way to describe it as anything other than dirty.

I don't care what anyone thinks of a coach talking to a player on the other team. Marshall isn't going to put up with dirty play that could potentially injure one of his players. As I recall, the play had gotten a little nasty on the Braves side prior to Willis getting shoved.

If Brown can be excused because he was frustrated, maybe you should excuse Marshall because maybe he was getting frustrated with some of the fouling that was going past what's needed and seeing his players end up on the floor.

Even before the rough foul that sent Willis head into the goal support after landing on his back, I was thinking that the Braves were not aware that all the Shox are coming back next year, and making them angry was not a good idea. Perhaps Wardle should have said something to his players and then Marshall would not have felt the need.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » March 6th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Aargh wrote:I think players learn by Jr. High that when you push a guy in the back while he's in the air, he's going down - and going down HARD! Driving a guy into the goal support that way - there's no way to describe it as anything other than dirty.

I don't think it was dirty, I think it was just reckless. I think many people would agree with me on that.

Aargh wrote:I don't care what anyone thinks of a coach talking to a player on the other team. Marshall isn't going to put up with dirty play that could potentially injure one of his players. As I recall, the play had gotten a little nasty on the Braves side prior to Willis getting shoved.

Can you recall any other incidents during the game? I don't remember any.

Aargh wrote:If Brown can be excused because he was frustrated, maybe you should excuse Marshall because maybe he was getting frustrated with some of the fouling that was going past what's needed and seeing his players end up on the floor.

I didn't say Brown should be excused because he was frustrated, I'm just saying why I think it happened. I'm not condoning this at all. Fouling someone in the back on a breakaway without making any play on the ball is absolutely uncalled for, something that I am sure Wardle (and most coaches) would address.

Aargh wrote:Even before the rough foul that sent Willis head into the goal support after landing on his back, I was thinking that the Braves were not aware that all the Shox are coming back next year, and making them angry was not a good idea.

I don't think anyone on Bradley cares about whether or not any of Wichita's players are coming back next year in the sense of "making them angry." I seriously doubt Brown's thought process was "I think Willis is a senior, so i'm going to intentionally shove him in the back because i don't think he is coming back next year to get revenge."

Aargh wrote:Perhaps Wardle should have said something to his players and then Marshall would not have felt the need.

Yeah, Wardle should have shouted at Brown all the way across the floor in the five second window before Marshall said something to him.

Like I said before. I don't agree with Brown's foul, intentional, dirty, clean, or otherwise. Fouls like that endanger other players (even players 11 inches taller with 50 lbs on you). Player safety is important. My issue was Marshall shouting at Brown right after it happened (while up 30). I thought it was poor form. Doing so implies that he thinks Brown is a dirty player and/or he doesn't give Wardle enough credit to address it on his own. Either way, I think it was the wrong time and place.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » March 6th, 2017, 4:50 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:
I do not think that Brown committed the foul with any malice. I think he was genuinely trying to prevent Willis from scoring.

Uh, it was called an intentional/flagrant 1. By that definition, it goes with the opposite of what you posted.

I realize this was probably the most exciting event in Bradley basketball in the last 10 years and is spurring some sore reactions but let's first think about what started all of this in the first place. And then let's look at it from the Marshall angle. A kid could have potentially injured a guy on purpose in a 30 point beatdown. He reacted like 99% of any caring, fatherly figure would in that situation.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball