The Technical Show

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: The Technical Show

Postby BuBrave2006 » March 6th, 2017, 4:59 pm

TheObserver wrote:Uh, it was called an intentional/flagrant 1. By that definition, it goes with the opposite of what you posted.

"A flagrant 1 foul involves excessive or severe contact during a live ball..."

"excessive or severe" is not the same as "intent to injure." I have never disputed the call of intentional (or Flagrant 1) foul. The contact was, indeed, excessive. That doesn't mean it was with intent to injure. He made excessive contact without an attempt to play the ball. Clear Flagrant 1 foul.

TheObserver wrote:I realize this was probably the most exciting event in Bradley basketball in the last 10 years and is spurring some sore reactions but let's first think about what started all of this in the first place. And then let's look at it from the Marshall angle. A kid could have potentially injured a guy on purpose in a 30 point beatdown. He reacted like 99% of any caring, fatherly figure would in that situation.

Most of this above is BS I guess to just insult our program, but whatever.

It boils down to whether or not you think Brown was "trying" to injure Willis. If you think yes, then fine, curse Brown all you want. I think the answer is no.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bleach » March 6th, 2017, 6:55 pm

I thought the Redbird display late game was awful (seems like Redbird fans agree) and will likely insure they don't dance. The reason I feel the need to state the obvious is, character comes out when frustrated. Much applause to Paris, he played by far the best game i've seen of him. It's a shame he didn't have team mates of the same calibur. Dan should be evaluating the wisdom of his recruiting.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » March 6th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Bradley's players were fouling hard for the last 10 minutes or so of the game. That's when Wardle should have said something, not during the live action before the flagrant.

I had commented to my wife that the Bradley players should be looking at the size and musculature of the players they were hammering and remember that those guys would all be back next year. That was well before the flagrant.

Bradley might want the Shox to not run the score up next year. The Shox graduate 2 walkons and bring in a pre-season JuCo AA combo guard and a 20-year-old 7'0" guy from Denmark who's playing (as an amateur) in a pro league in Europe. Akoon-Purcell (from Illinois State) is in that league, which has a lot of American D1 players who have graduated.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball