Congrats, Shockers

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Congrats, Shockers

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 6th, 2017, 10:44 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
Redhawk wrote:
Redbirds4Life wrote:
I am among the few ISU fans that doesn't totally hate Wichita State.

The majority of Redbird fans do not hate WSU.

I don't think that you and I talk to the same Redbird fans then...

There is a difference between jealousy and hatred.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby purple&orange » March 6th, 2017, 4:39 pm

Congrats on winning this past weekend and best of luck on making a run in the NCAAs. They are a fun group to watch and I can see them having a great opportunity to make a run. Hard to believe that none of the guys playing meaningful minutes are seniors.
purple&orange
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Rollbird5 » March 6th, 2017, 6:13 pm

Wufan wrote:I don't remember what thread it was, but there was some pre-tourney discussion on defensive match-ups. Over the last several weeks, WSU has placed the 6-6, 220 lb Zach Brown on the opposition PG (Jaylon Brown was the exception). While he is offensively anemic, he is one of the best defenders in the MVC, truly capable of guarding the 1-4. He only plays about 20 minutes a game and WSU has been switching a lot on screens, so he didn't do it alone, but he was very good at shutting down the opposition (Dequon Miller), forcing them to be volume shooters (Lee), or at least disrupting the initiation of the offense. He did a decent job on Lee today, but more impressive was that our skinny kids, McDuffie and Shamet, did great on Hawkins and McIntosh respectively. While they both have length and quickness, neither has the bulk to make them obvious. At h-ups. I'm surprised Dan didn't post these guys up more. It was an interesting move that I didn't think would work.

I think I brought it up initially. I thought we would have a pretty good advantage at the position that Shamet guarded if Brown was on Lee. McIntosh missed some close shots/jump hooks that he makes a lot of the time but most of that had to do with the defense the Shox played. Landry did a pretty good job and had some help from the help defense when needed. Overall really good defensive effort as I think that was our worst shooting game all season percentage wise.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shockalot » March 10th, 2017, 9:24 pm

As a life-long Shocker fan, I appreciate fans of other teams on here being so gracious as to wish WSU well, particularly in the face of too many a$$hat WSU posters ruining so many threads with their childish reactionary rubbish and egotistical projection of themselves as if they themselves can take credit for being Champions.
I take no responsibility for them, but apologize none-the-less. All fan bases have such creatures, but it only gets worse when a team becomes dominant. Then every psychopath and sociopath sports jerk with even a tenuous connection to the institution becomes a "fan".
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 10th, 2017, 9:48 pm

shockalot wrote:As a life-long Shocker fan, I appreciate fans of other teams on here being so gracious as to wish WSU well, particularly in the face of too many a$$hat WSU posters ruining so many threads with their childish reactionary rubbish and egotistical projection of themselves as if they themselves can take credit for being Champions.
I take no responsibility for them, but apologize none-the-less. All fan bases have such creatures, but it only gets worse when a team becomes dominant. Then every psychopath and sociopath sports jerk with even a tenuous connection to the institution becomes a "fan".

:Cheers:

You'll be in my Sweet 16. Marshall has turned you guys into a powerhouse. You should be proud
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockalot » March 10th, 2017, 10:27 pm

Thanks. I believe the Shocks are worthy and able to get to 16 and perhaps beyond, depending on seeding and matchups.
I hope ISUr does get in, but I doubt the selection committee will be so inclined. If you do make it in, I'll be rooting for you to do the Valley proud. But if you go to the NIT, just freaking win the thing, or at least get to the Garden, it is a hell of a lot of fun if you do and winning it would be a definite shot in the arm for your team.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TheObserver » March 10th, 2017, 10:36 pm

shockalot wrote:As a life-long Shocker fan, I appreciate fans of other teams on here being so gracious as to wish WSU well, particularly in the face of too many a$$hat WSU posters ruining so many threads with their childish reactionary rubbish and egotistical projection of themselves as if they themselves can take credit for being Champions.

Go take some Midol.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheObserver » March 10th, 2017, 10:37 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:

You'll be in my Sweet 16. Marshall has turned you guys into a powerhouse. You should be proud

You're the Illinois State asshat, fwiw.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 11th, 2017, 10:39 am

TheObserver wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:

You're the Illinois State asshat, fwiw.

From you, it's not worth anything
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 11th, 2017, 10:42 am

shockalot wrote:Thanks. I believe the Shocks are worthy and able to get to 16 and perhaps beyond, depending on seeding and matchups.
I hope ISUr does get in, but I doubt the selection committee will be so inclined. If you do make it in, I'll be rooting for you to do the Valley proud. But if you go to the NIT, just freaking win the thing, or at least get to the Garden, it is a hell of a lot of fun if you do and winning it would be a definite shot in the arm for your team.

Yeah I'm hoping if we don't get in, they'll be motivated to prove the committee wrong in the NIT. There have been many cases where teams just shut it down when not getting into the dance. Lee truly deserves to be in.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball