bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Selection Sunday questions

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheAsianSensation » March 12th, 2017, 4:23 pm

TheObserver wrote:Not that I can fault your reasoning TAS, but if our Valley-biased bracketologist can only muster up an 8 for WSU, then I think it's safe to say that WSU is squarely a 10 from the actual committee.

lol
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » March 12th, 2017, 4:52 pm

I guess we shouldn't be surprised on the seeding WSU gets anymore. That said, I would be shocked if Wichita State doesn't hammer Dayton and get a chance to play Kentucky again.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Bradleyfan1 » March 12th, 2017, 5:31 pm

Hammer Dayton? Lol Ittll be a war , If someone gets hammered ittll be the Shockers on the short end .
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » March 12th, 2017, 5:53 pm

Bradleyfan1 wrote:Hammer Dayton? Lol Ittll be a war , If someone gets hammered ittll be the Shockers on the short end .

I'm curious what data you have to back that up. WSU already opened as 6.5 favorites
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BlueChipShock » March 12th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Well another screw job by NCAA/CBS selection committee. Say what u want about Palm but he nailed WSU's seed perfectly for about the 4th str8 year. He isn't that smart so no doubt he is being fed the info.....If WSU loses last Sunday they are out, that's the bigger picture and it's not right...10 seed doesn't bother me as much as knowing the Shox stay home without their win St Louis. So in theory, if the Cleve Cavs with Labron were in the MVC and lost a few early season games and only beat a couple top 50 teams along the way, finished 30-4 but lost in the MVC tourney, based on todays NCAA selection criteria they would be NIT bound. Not saying the Shox are as good as an NBA team but it's a sad day when the talent on the floor is no longer a criteria for non P5 schools getting in....losses don't matter to P5 schools like Vandy...... A day like today is what could drive HCGM out of Wichita sooner rather than later....
BlueChipShock
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby WSpringsBird » March 12th, 2017, 6:44 pm

BlueChipShock wrote:Well another screw job by NCAA/CBS selection committee. Say what u want about Palm but he nailed WSU's seed perfectly for about the 4th str8 year. He isn't that smart so no doubt he is being fed the info.....If WSU loses last Sunday they are out, that's the bigger picture and it's not right...10 seed doesn't bother me as much as knowing the Shox stay home without their win St Louis. So in theory, if the Cleve Cavs with Labron were in the MVC and lost a few early season games and only beat a couple top 50 teams along the way, finished 30-4 but lost in the MVC tourney, based on todays NCAA selection criteria they would be NIT bound. Not saying the Shox are as good as an NBA team but it's a sad day when the talent on the floor is no longer a criteria for non P5 schools getting in....losses don't matter to P5 schools like Vandy...... A day like today is what could drive HCGM out of Wichita sooner rather than later....

Yeah, that Shockers seed was truly astonishing. If it is any consolation, it seems like pretty much all of the people who cover basketball closely thought it was an egregious mistake.
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Bradleyfan1 » March 12th, 2017, 6:47 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
Bradleyfan1 wrote:Hammer Dayton? Lol Ittll be a war , If someone gets hammered ittll be the Shockers on the short end .

I'm curious what data you have to back that up. WSU already opened as 6.5 favorites

Experience over Depth.
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheAsianSensation » March 12th, 2017, 7:18 pm

BlueChipShock wrote:Well another screw job by NCAA/CBS selection committee. Say what u want about Palm but he nailed WSU's seed perfectly for about the 4th str8 year. He isn't that smart so no doubt he is being fed the info.....If WSU loses last Sunday they are out, that's the bigger picture and it's not right...10 seed doesn't bother me as much as knowing the Shox stay home without their win St Louis. So in theory, if the Cleve Cavs with Labron were in the MVC and lost a few early season games and only beat a couple top 50 teams along the way, finished 30-4 but lost in the MVC tourney, based on todays NCAA selection criteria they would be NIT bound. Not saying the Shox are as good as an NBA team but it's a sad day when the talent on the floor is no longer a criteria for non P5 schools getting in....losses don't matter to P5 schools like Vandy...... A day like today is what could drive HCGM out of Wichita sooner rather than later....

If Jerry Palm is right, then the terrorists have won.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Stickboy46 » March 12th, 2017, 7:22 pm

Bradleyfan1 wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:

Experience over Depth.

Quality over experience..
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball