What's the next realignment domino to fall?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

What happens next?

Wichita St leaves for a better league
37%
Missouri St, IllinoisSt, UNI move up to FBS
25%
MVC expands
37%

Total votes : 107

Re: What's the next realignment domino to fall?

Postby Stickboy46 » March 10th, 2017, 11:16 am

GrandpaBear wrote:Just saw this from an interview earlier today:

We have no interest in expanding at this time

@American_Conf Commissioner Mike Aresco on #Playbook.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wi ... nk=SecList

There was a lot more to that interview. Sounds more like he doesn't want to add multiple basketball only schools. There was rumor earlier in the week that they would add WSU, VCU and Dayton. He doesn't rule out adding 1 basketball only to even out the teams. They have 11 for basketball and 12 for football (Navy is football only)
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ali » March 11th, 2017, 10:50 am

FWIW, our old mate Creighton is playing in the Big East title game today against Villanova at 4:30 on national TV FOX. To think WSU wouldn't be successful on a much larger scale is hogwash and I totally understand why they'd look elsewhere considering the current state of the Valley.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Old School MVC » March 13th, 2017, 12:04 pm

I think the next domino may have started to topple yesterday. Marshall was on ESPN radio over the weekend. He was asked about changing conferences. His reply was (and I am paraphrasing) as long as the Valley continues to be a multiple bid league we will stay. He talked about leaving Winthrop because it all came down to a 3 game tourney and he got very tired of it. He spoke of making it 6 years in a row at WSU, 4 as an At Large. He said if the Valley proves it will continue to get multiple bids, they are happy where they are at.

Needless to say, Yesterday proved different. Not just ISUr missing, but WSU getting a 10 seed makes me wonder if they would have danced if they lost in STL. I look for the Shockers to start the ball in motion.
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » March 13th, 2017, 12:10 pm

Old School MVC wrote:I think the next domino may have started to topple yesterday. Marshall was on ESPN radio over the weekend. He was asked about changing conferences. His reply was (and I am paraphrasing) as long as the Valley continues to be a multiple bid league we will stay. He talked about leaving Winthrop because it all came down to a 3 game tourney and he got very tired of it. He spoke of making it 6 years in a row at WSU, 4 as an At Large. He said if the Valley proves it will continue to get multiple bids, they are happy where they are at.

Needless to say, Yesterday proved different. Not just ISUr missing, but WSU getting a 10 seed makes me wonder if they would have danced if they lost in STL. I look for the Shockers to start the ball in motion.

The entire ordeal has nothing to do with what WSU wants. If there is a spot open, WSU is gone.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » March 13th, 2017, 12:15 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Old School MVC wrote:I think the next domino may have started to topple yesterday. Marshall was on ESPN radio over the weekend. He was asked about changing conferences. His reply was (and I am paraphrasing) as long as the Valley continues to be a multiple bid league we will stay. He talked about leaving Winthrop because it all came down to a 3 game tourney and he got very tired of it. He spoke of making it 6 years in a row at WSU, 4 as an At Large. He said if the Valley proves it will continue to get multiple bids, they are happy where they are at.

The entire ordeal has nothing to do with what WSU wants. If there is a spot open, WSU is gone.

This .. The ball is in motion. WSU is trying to pass the ball off so its not in it's court anymore, it just keeps bouncing off of closed doors.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » March 13th, 2017, 12:39 pm

I don't know when it happens, but the AAC will have meetings in May or June I'm sure. If anything is going to happen, we will most likely hear about it at that point. I'd love to hear something earlier than that but I'm sure it'll be at their summer meetings that something will be decided in regards to adding Wichita. And, as everyone knows, if the offer comes, Wichita takes it.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Old School MVC » March 13th, 2017, 12:54 pm

SubGod22 wrote:I don't know when it happens, but the AAC will have meetings in May or June I'm sure. If anything is going to happen, we will most likely hear about it at that point. I'd love to hear something earlier than that but I'm sure it'll be at their summer meetings that something will be decided in regards to adding Wichita. And, as everyone knows, if the offer comes, Wichita takes it.

And no one will blame you! We will hate to lose you, but completely understand!!
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby UEACES80 » March 13th, 2017, 1:04 pm

Or maybe Marshall is speaking in code that he will answer his phone if Illinois or potentially Indiana call.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » March 13th, 2017, 1:14 pm

UEACES80 wrote:Or maybe Marshall is speaking in code that he will answer his phone if Illinois or potentially Indiana call.

He doesn't have to speak in code. He openly says he will always listen.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 13th, 2017, 11:57 pm

Wichita to American a done deal per Retire12.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball