NCAA Tournament - WSU vs. Kentucky, 1:40 PM CST on 3/19

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NCAA Tournament - WSU vs. Kentucky, 1:40 PM CST on 3/19

Postby municup14 » March 20th, 2017, 4:38 am

I'm a Aces fan,Great high intensity game.But from my
Point of view looks to me their could have been a foul
Called on any of the last two 3 point shots taken.
And I'm sure the NCAA will find another way to make
Sure these 2 teams play again in the tournament next year early.
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » March 20th, 2017, 4:43 am

municup14 wrote:I'm a Aces fan,Great high intensity game.But from my

Yes, could have been a foul called, but they don't call those in the last minute. Should have hit a couple open shots in the first half!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UEACES80 » March 20th, 2017, 8:50 am

Great effort from WSU - too bad the early shooting wasn't on target as well as usual. I would agree the two coaches don't care much for each other (but I would think they respect each other).

WSU had 1 1/2 days to recover from the Dayton game but it was a grinder as well - just seems that maybe it took just a little out of them.

Really wish WSU would have won for 2 reasons #1 MVC Team and #2 Don't like the basketball factory approach UK takes.

Be proud WSU your team is a good one and will likely be better next season.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » March 20th, 2017, 10:44 am

municup14 wrote:I'm a Aces fan,Great high intensity game.But from my

Those are very "judgement" calls. The biggest missed call was the blown goaltending call on Conner's drive in the first half. Very clearly hit the backboard first above the rim and then was block. Give us those 2 points and we are playing with a 1 point lead and going to the line before needing to take those 2 shots.

(Yes, I fully realize the movement of the game would have been different throughout, so probably wouldn't have been at that exact point)
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby acesfool » March 21st, 2017, 3:18 am

Marshall is a great coach and motivator but I do not understand the last play. The Shockers had 2 guys under the basket which allowed Kentucky to guard 5 on 3 at the 3 point line.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » March 21st, 2017, 4:57 am

acesfool wrote:Marshall is a great coach and motivator but I do not understand the last play. The Shockers had 2 guys under the basket which allowed Kentucky to guard 5 on 3 at the 3 point line.

Play was blown up. Shamet was supposed to get the ball to McDuffie, a couple of screens and then ball back to Shamet or Frankamp.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 21st, 2017, 7:43 am

Acesfool (3:18am post) and Wufan (4:57am post), you guys are up super early!

As everyone now knows, ISUr fell apart in the 2nd half last night. We were up 18 in the first half and 13 by halftime before missing tons of shots in the second half.

Madison Williams (ISUr Freshman) played 5 minutes in the first half. He had 3 fouls and his +/- was -14 points in those 5 minutes. About as poor as it gets, given his team was winning the actual game by 18 points in the first half. Hard to point at one player, but why play him? Put your foot on the gas pedal and blow those suckers away in the first half...give them zero hope for the 2nd half comeback that happened.

Either way, great season for us with a school record for wins in a year. Hoping Muller is still here next year and so is MiKyle McIntosh (rumors he could become a grad transfer).
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » March 21st, 2017, 7:44 am

acesfool wrote:Marshall is a great coach and motivator but I do not understand the last play. The Shockers had 2 guys under the basket which allowed Kentucky to guard 5 on 3 at the 3 point line.

As stated above. Play got blown up and unfortunately (fortunately for other reasons) Shamet IS still a Freshman. No TOs left due to having to take one during an inbounds play earlier. It is was it is. We had the ball in the hands of our two best players. The McDuffie shot wasn't a horrible shot, just a really good play (foul) by Monk (i think that is who blocked his shot). If you told me before the play that we had 6'8 McDuffie taking a Shot over 6'3 Monk ... I would have been ok with it.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » March 21st, 2017, 7:48 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:Hoping Muller is still here next year and so is MiKyle McIntosh (rumors he could become a grad transfer).

Ugh. I am no fan of this rule.

Hopefully McIntosh returns.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » March 21st, 2017, 8:01 am

Play Angry wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Hoping Muller is still here next year and so is MiKyle McIntosh (rumors he could become a grad transfer).

Ugh. I am no fan of this rule.

Hopefully McIntosh returns.

From what I gathered from the RedBird Forum, its Minnesota again right? Do you guys need to block all incoming calls from that state or something?

I agree though, the MVC in general needs McIntosh back. I really want to see how he does when he's the primary option, he's got insane potential if he can stay focused and not make dumb plays.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball