Muller to Dayton?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Muller to Dayton?

Postby DUShock » March 30th, 2017, 5:32 am

Muller to Dayton? My how the Valley has fallen.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/ ... 5966139392

"Illinois State's Dan Muller has emerged as a serious candidate at Dayton, source told ESPN."
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Muller to Dayton?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Muller to Dayton?

Postby Snaggletooth » March 30th, 2017, 6:01 am

Generally when they start talking about in public it means they are just preparing the other fan base that the coach is leaving. I heard the WSU announcers talking about how the rumor going around arch madness was Muller really wanted to turn this year run into a P5 job. Welll he didn't get it, but got the next best thing.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » March 30th, 2017, 6:29 am

If that's the case then...Dana Ford...it's time to come back home!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » March 30th, 2017, 6:41 am

interesting...

Dan Muller to Dayton rumors may impact ISU star Mikyle McIntosh who is set to graduate this summer and could transfer and play right away
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby chitown fanatic » March 30th, 2017, 7:56 am

Dayton could do a whole lot better than a guy who lets thugs in his program and is poor at in-game adjustments
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Shockerfan13 » March 30th, 2017, 9:48 am

chitown fanatic wrote:Dayton could do a whole lot better than a guy who lets thugs in his program and is poor at in-game adjustments

And they did do better.

Dayton has hired Anthony Grant. Solid hire IMHO
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » March 30th, 2017, 10:27 am

If McIntosh transfers for next season, Muller could enjoy a nice, long run at IlSU. It seems he's applying for pretty much anything and everything that opens up. This year was probably his best opportunity to find another job.

Losing Wills, Hawkins, and especially Lee was going to be tough, but if McIntosh leaves too, it's pretty much a complete rebuild next year.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PurpleRedbird » March 30th, 2017, 10:36 am

Aargh wrote:If McIntosh transfers for next season, Muller could enjoy a nice, long run at IlSU. It seems he's applying for pretty much anything and everything that opens up. This year was probably his best opportunity to find another job.

Losing Wills, Hawkins, and especially Lee was going to be tough, but if McIntosh leaves too, it's pretty much a complete rebuild next year.

What specific jobs has he applied for? I do expect Dan to leave at some point the statement that he has applied for "everything that opens up" is a way overstatement.
PurpleRedbird
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » March 30th, 2017, 10:39 am

I think, as with most coaching searches, very few people really know who contacted whom.

WSU fans should know better. So far, Muller hasn't done anything that looks like he's trying to bail at any opportunity. And so far, he hasn't failed at replacing an important class of players.

He may do 1 or both of those things in the future, maybe even next year. But I get tired of everyone in the Valley (and the country) yelling "Marshall to anywhere" and "WSU will suck now that X,Y,Z graduated"...every year. So I won't do the same to others until I have reason to.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PurpleRedbird » March 30th, 2017, 10:54 am

Cdizzle wrote:I think, as with most coaching searches, very few people really know who contacted whom.

WSU fans should know better. So far, Muller hasn't done anything that looks like he's trying to bail at any opportunity. And so far, he hasn't failed at replacing an important class of players.

He may do 1 or both of those things in the future, maybe even next year. But I get tired of everyone in the Valley (and the country) yelling "Marshall to anywhere" and "WSU will suck now that X,Y,Z graduated"...every year. So I won't do the same to others until I have reason to.

+1
PurpleRedbird
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball