MVC Call Emergency Meeting for Sunday

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Call Emergency Meeting for Sunday

Postby Redhawk » April 5th, 2017, 3:04 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:Or we stay at 9 teams for a few years. Drop Thursday game and have the 8/9 seeds play each other on Tuesday or Wednesday at the 8 seeds home floor. Then, everything else remains status quo (7 seed would then get a bye to the quarters).

:+1: Perfect...but could we move the tournament to the Sprint Center in Kansas City now? :Cheers:
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unipanther99 » April 5th, 2017, 3:37 pm

The Family Arena in St. Charles? No thanks. If we're not staying in downtown St. Louis, move it to Moline like the women's tournament. I hear attendance has nearly doubled since they moved.

Personally, I'd say keep in at Scottrade for now.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby tribecalledquest » April 5th, 2017, 7:43 pm

If the Horizon is going to be aggressive I'm not in favor of just sitting at nine for a year. Wichita leaving is not a shock to the league office. They have been preparing for it. Sitting out a year doesn't help. Go after the schools you want right now.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » April 5th, 2017, 9:41 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:Or we stay at 9 teams for a few years. Drop Thursday game and have the 8/9 seeds play each other on Tuesday or Wednesday at the 8 seeds home floor. Then, everything else remains status quo (7 seed would then get a bye to the quarters).

That's fine, but lower the all session ticket prices. My crew goes to every game Thursday thru Sunday... I'm not paying that price for two less games.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » April 6th, 2017, 8:14 am

Apparently the MVC AD's don't want to proceed with 9 members because of the scheduling conflicts
that would cause. I think that's a cop-out which will most likely result in another rushed selection of at
least one new member. Maybe the Presidents will take a more prudent view of the situation for long term benefit of the conference instead of being reactionary.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » April 6th, 2017, 8:17 am

Does the tournament make money, break even, or are we subsidizing it with other revenue?
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby tribecalledquest » April 6th, 2017, 8:33 am

Redhawk wrote:Apparently the MVC AD's don't want to proceed with 9 members because of the scheduling conflicts
that would cause. I think that's a cop-out which will most likely result in another rushed selection of at
least one new member. Maybe the Presidents will take a more prudent view of the situation for long term benefit of the conference instead of being reactionary.

You are working under the assumption that no plans, talks, etc have happened until this weekend. That would be false. Wichita leaving is not a new development to the league office.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » April 6th, 2017, 8:45 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
Redhawk wrote:Apparently the MVC AD's don't want to proceed with 9 members because of the scheduling conflicts

You are working under the assumption that no plans, talks, etc have happened until this weekend. That would be false. Wichita leaving is not a new development to the league office.

Is this is all planned out...why the need for an emergency meeting?
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » April 6th, 2017, 9:22 am

Redhawk wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

Is this is all planned out...why the need for an emergency meeting?

Just because the league office has it all planned out doesn't mean much if the remaining league presidents don't go along with it. The meeting is probably to get everybody on the same page, or at least, to get information on what the other members of the league are thinking.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby squirrel » April 6th, 2017, 9:32 am

Being prepared and having ideas of how best to proceed are not the same as "having a plan."

Tribe is not saying the league has a crisis plan in place, but rather, they were neither caught unprepared for this nor lack an idea of how they would address it.

The meeting this weekend rather begins the serious conversations of how they'll formally handle Wichita's exit, and begin the next phase.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball