Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby Redhawk » April 16th, 2017, 3:37 pm

McIntosh leaving is a big blow to ISUr next year mainly because he would have provided Senior leadership on a roster full of transfers and newcomers. This was not exactly a shock though and HCDM has still been actively recruiting for at least two more roster spots. Dan has become pretty good at restocking his roster after a plethora of transfers during his tenure so I will be anxious to see what he is able to do to fill MM's roster spot.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Svoboda » April 16th, 2017, 4:03 pm

I like Missouri State's front court athleticism. If their guards have a good Summer, I think they're odds on favorites.
Sycamore Pride - http://www.sycamorepride.com
MVC News & Social Media Aggregator - https://www.mvctalk.com
Svoboda
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby RoyalShock » April 17th, 2017, 10:02 am

The Redbirds' stock just took a dip.

Jim Benson @Pg_Benson
9m
ISU coach Dan Muller said MiKyle McIntosh will declare for NBA Draft and then graduate and transfer if he doesn't go pro.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 17th, 2017, 10:46 am

Redhawk wrote:McIntosh leaving is a big blow to ISUr next year mainly because he would have provided Senior leadership on a roster full of transfers and newcomers. This was not exactly a shock though and HCDM has still been actively recruiting for at least two more roster spots. Dan has become pretty good at restocking his roster after a plethora of transfers during his tenure so I will be anxious to see what he is able to do to fill MM's roster spot.

These are the types of losses this conference can't accept after losing Creighton and Wichita. We need to keep our good players in the conference...

Reggie Lynch (ISUr)
Nic Moore (ISUr)
MiKyle Mcintosh (ISUr)
Jordan Caroline (SIU)
Marcus Marshall (MSU)
Domenic Olyczak (Drake - I had to of botched his spelling)

ISUr is getting destroyed with these transfers and they happen frequently.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » April 17th, 2017, 10:59 am

Curious to hear redbird fan opinions on why they have such a high turnover rate near the top of their roster?

Moore, Lynch, McIntosh (I'm not really sure why Hawkins didn't return this year, would love someone to catch me up to speed on that). Muller def gets talent, it just seems like they have a higher than normal turnover for their top end players.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » April 17th, 2017, 11:06 am

Blers wrote:Curious to hear redbird fan opinions on why they have such a high turnover rate near the top of their roster?

Moore, Lynch, McIntosh (I'm not really sure why Hawkins didn't return this year, would love someone to catch me up to speed on that). Muller def gets talent, it just seems like they have a higher than normal turnover for their top end players.

I think Teddy's grade history, being a non-qualifier, etc... caught up to him and he didn't get "the extra year" to make up for it.

His first year was a non-qualifier, which I don't think allows for a redshirt year unless certain, strict, criteria are met. I would doubt he met them.

He was listed as a senior all season by ISU
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » April 17th, 2017, 11:31 am

uniftw wrote:
Blers wrote:Curious to hear redbird fan opinions on why they have such a high turnover rate near the top of their roster?

I think Teddy's grade history, being a non-qualifier, etc... caught up to him and he didn't get "the extra year" to make up for it.

His first year was a non-qualifier, which I don't think allows for a redshirt year unless certain, strict, criteria are met. I would doubt he met them.

I believe he could have gotten an extra year if he was on track to graduate at the end of this year. He was not, so no redshirt year. I think he was ready to jump to start making money anyways.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » April 17th, 2017, 11:43 am

I think the larger question regarding Hawkins is not why he is not returning next year, but how he was ever eligible to play to begin with.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 17th, 2017, 11:45 am

uniftw wrote:

Hawkins could have returned. He chose not to mainly because of his age and time left to earn professional money (25 years old) was limited.

Moore left because his coach left
Lynch dreamed of playing for Minnesota
McIntosh was being recruited as early as January by p5 schools. Voices in his ear half the season!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rambler63 » April 17th, 2017, 2:37 pm

Loyola got another big Chicago area commitment today, this time from Lucas Williamson, who led Whitney Young to the 4A state championship.

http://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com ... illiamson/

Williamson joins Cameron Krutwig and Christian Negron, plus Matt Chastain (coming off injury) and transfer Marques Townes. They'll join returning players Aundre Jackson, Ben Richardson, Clayton Custer, and Donte Ingram (all seniors).
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball