NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Postby BCPanther » April 14th, 2017, 8:13 am

jacksfan29 wrote:In other words the chance of UNI leaving for FBS, less then a 10% chance of the MAC and 0% chance at the MWC. I'm amazed that some UNI fans think they have a shot at the MWC. Take a look at the geography of the conference. Take a look at the schools that make up the conference. Tell me where UNI would fit in? The MVC may add schools eventually. If it is all sports they will add UTEP, Rice or an outside chance if BYU want back in. If it is an olympic only, Gonzaga.

UNI to the MWC? That's some pretty funny stuff.

I'm just saying that's the stated dream scenario from our new AD. There is less than a 1% chance that its happening anytime soon.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unipanther99 » April 14th, 2017, 8:23 am

MOST wrote:The SWAC and MEAC on their own oped out of the FCS FB play offs so the can have their own blacks FB championships..

Umm, I'm not normally part of the politically correctness police, but... :o
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Lakesbison » April 17th, 2017, 3:38 pm

valpo guy (NW Times) on ndsu radio now bison1660 radio app.

says based off RPI MVC should take Valpo Belmont & NDSU.

Also says that MVFC will put pressure on MVC presidents for NDSU inclusion.
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby UEACES80 » April 17th, 2017, 3:44 pm

Dang this thread was quiet for 3+ days
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Lakesbison » April 17th, 2017, 4:01 pm

sorry.

valpo guy says valpo has twice as many alums in milwaukee alone (horizon) than all MVC cities combined. so finds it hard for them to move.
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Drakey » April 17th, 2017, 5:14 pm

So add Milwaukee and Valpo.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby acepurple84 » April 17th, 2017, 5:24 pm

Now hear this. It is a wild suggestion, but think about it then you can says Nuts. Make the NCAA a 256 game play in. The first two games would be played the week before the dates that are now set. That would mean some conferences would have to play earlier. Now after these game they would be down to the normal 64 teams. Then they play the normal schedule. From the losers of the first two game the NCAA/NIT would selection 32 teams from the initial losers (based on rate, SOS, ect) to paly in what is now the NIT. that way some of the teams the lost initially would play on. The NCAA tourney should have the better 64 teams continue on and the Mid Majors and smaller conferences could have more teams and revenue coming in. I know it sounds weird but maybe others would be able to paly more.
acepurple84
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MOST » April 17th, 2017, 8:58 pm

OK. But with 352 D1 teams what is the selection process to ID' the 256 teams for the play in round?--or am I missing something? Plus, how are 256 teams seeded?
MOST
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Lakesbison » April 17th, 2017, 9:49 pm

nope don't mess with it. it actually means something now.
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby JBoss8393 » April 18th, 2017, 10:34 am

acepurple84 wrote:Now hear this. It is a wild suggestion, but think about it then you can says Nuts. Make the NCAA a 256 game play in. The first two games would be played the week before the dates that are now set. That would mean some conferences would have to play earlier. Now after these game they would be down to the normal 64 teams. Then they play the normal schedule. From the losers of the first two game the NCAA/NIT would selection 32 teams from the initial losers (based on rate, SOS, ect) to paly in what is now the NIT. that way some of the teams the lost initially would play on. The NCAA tourney should have the better 64 teams continue on and the Mid Majors and smaller conferences could have more teams and revenue coming in. I know it sounds weird but maybe others would be able to paly more.

I think you're heading in the right direction. Why not just make every conference tournament and play in tournament. Then only the 32 conference champions move on to the dance. No "selection" committee, just a seeding committee based strictly on the metrics. For one thing it would kill conference realignment. Teams like Wichita State would have stayed in the Valley knowing they have a great shot of winning the conference year in and year out. You might some initial movement of either new conferences or power 6 teams move to other conferences to give them a better chance of winning and making the tournament.

Or you could keep the tourney at 64 but all regular season and tournament champs automatically qualify.
JBoss8393
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball