Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby Rollbird5 » April 17th, 2017, 2:50 pm

Cdizzle wrote:I think the larger question regarding Hawkins is not why he is not returning next year, but how he was ever eligible to play to begin with.

I think his major was university studies which probably equates to him taking the easiest classes our school has to offer lol
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby JBoss8393 » April 18th, 2017, 10:40 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Redhawk wrote:McIntosh leaving is a big blow to ISUr next year mainly because he would have provided Senior leadership on a roster full of transfers and newcomers. This was not exactly a shock though and HCDM has still been actively recruiting for at least two more roster spots. Dan has become pretty good at restocking his roster after a plethora of transfers during his tenure so I will be anxious to see what he is able to do to fill MM's roster spot.

These are the types of losses this conference can't accept after losing Creighton and Wichita. We need to keep our good players in the conference...

Reggie Lynch (ISUr)
Nic Moore (ISUr)
MiKyle Mcintosh (ISUr)
Jordan Caroline (SIU)
Marcus Marshall (MSU)
Domenic Olyczak (Drake - I had to of botched his spelling)

ISUr is getting destroyed with these transfers and they happen frequently.

Forget Nick Zeisloft (ISUr), went to Indiana now playing professional for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants
JBoss8393
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 18th, 2017, 12:35 pm

JBoss8393 wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
Redhawk wrote:McIntosh leaving is a big blow to ISUr next year mainly because he would have provided Senior leadership on a roster full of transfers and newcomers. This was not exactly a shock though and HCDM has still been actively recruiting for at least two more roster spots. Dan has become pretty good at restocking his roster after a plethora of transfers during his tenure so I will be anxious to see what he is able to do to fill MM's roster spot.

These are the types of losses this conference can't accept after losing Creighton and Wichita. We need to keep our good players in the conference...

Reggie Lynch (ISUr)
Nic Moore (ISUr)
MiKyle Mcintosh (ISUr)
Jordan Caroline (SIU)
Marcus Marshall (MSU)
Domenic Olyczak (Drake - I had to of botched his spelling)

ISUr is getting destroyed with these transfers and they happen frequently.

Forget Nick Zeisloft (ISUr), went to Indiana now playing professional for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants

Oh yes! And Johnny Hill - Purdue
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » April 18th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Seems like ISU has more transfers than normal (kind of a pun). Maybe there is a cultural problem at ISU
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RoyalShock » April 18th, 2017, 12:53 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:McIntosh was being recruited as early as January by p5 schools. Voices in his ear half the season!

That's the part that is going to be extremely difficult, if not impossible to change.

The graduate transfer rule was well-intentioned, but I think it's been used more than anticipated.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Red » April 19th, 2017, 11:34 am

RoyalShock wrote:The Redbirds' stock just took a dip.

Jim Benson @Pg_Benson
9m
ISU coach Dan Muller said MiKyle McIntosh will declare for NBA Draft and then graduate and transfer if he doesn't go pro.

Yea, disappointing to say the least to have all these guys leave us in recent years. I'm not saying we'd have been as good as what WSU had on the court, but I'd like to think we would have danced at least once.

Hearing McIntosh could end up at Oregon.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball