Sounds like Wichita St to the AAC... Who gets an Invite?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Sounds like Wichita St to the AAC... Who gets an Invite?

Postby RacerJoeD » April 19th, 2017, 10:54 am

As long as it doesn't interfere with the scheduled games against FBS schools, I think Murray's state hold be willing to go Independent as part of a transition to MVFC.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NDB » April 19th, 2017, 11:12 am

The MVC and MVFC are not ultimately the same.

They are independent organizations. The MVFC is not subservient to the MVC in any way shape or form.

The idea that MVC members of the MVFC are going to dictate to non-MVC members how the MVFC is going to be run is ridiculous.

The MVC has its own mess that it needs to take care of. Football is a part of that. I expect that non-MVC members are open to helping the MVC stabilize and be successful, as it helps the MVFC. They are not going to bend over backwards or take a hit if it only helps the MVC, especially when it seems the MVC has no clue what it is or wants to be.
NDB
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby uniftw » April 19th, 2017, 11:14 am

RacerJoeD wrote:As long as it doesn't interfere with the scheduled games against FBS schools, I think Murray's state hold be willing to go Independent as part of a transition to MVFC.

As long as Murray continues to meet the scholarship requirement to be a counter, FBS games won't be affected.

I can't imagine the OVC doesn't have their conference schedule done a few years out. Everyone does. I would think, outside of an act of extreme spit, they wouldn't allow them to continue as an affiliate in the OVC. The recent precedent is set to allow it - UND is staying in the Big Sky for 2 years after leaving it.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 19th, 2017, 11:17 am

NDB wrote:The MVC and MVFC are not ultimately the same.

They are independent organizations. The MVFC is not subservient to the MVC in any way shape or form.

The idea that MVC members of the MVFC are going to dictate to non-MVC members how the MVFC is going to be run is ridiculous.

The MVC has its own mess that it needs to take care of. Football is a part of that. I expect that non-MVC members are open to helping the MVC stabilize and be successful, as it helps the MVFC. They are not going to bend over backwards or take a hit if it only helps the MVC, especially when it seems the MVC has no clue what it is or wants to be.

That's the thing - no one is dictating anything to Summit schools.

Yes, the MVC and MVFC are separate. The MVC taking control of football from the MVC is entirely possible if it helps stabilize the threat of Summit schools breaking off.

Nothing would change for anyone in the MVFC. Scheduling, official scheduling (unfortunately), etc... all stays exactly the same. It is simply run by the MVC not the independent MVFC.

There is no hit, other than perceived, for anyone in the Summit if the MVC takes control. Then again, we all know how quickly NDSU, and their fans, are at feeling disrespected and slighted by absolutely nothing.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby NDB » April 19th, 2017, 11:26 am

The MVC has the same number of members in the MVFC as the Summit.

What NDSU thinks does matter, as does every other institution in the MVFC.

I see no advantage to any MVFC institution in that organization becoming part of the MVC.

--Also think it's funny that NDSU is the bad partner, when it's a UNI fan who says they will take their lumps and like it!
NDB
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby uniftw » April 19th, 2017, 12:34 pm

NDB wrote:The MVC has the same number of members in the MVFC as the Summit.

What NDSU thinks does matter, as does every other institution in the MVFC.

I see no advantage to any MVFC institution in that organization becoming part of the MVC.

--Also think it's funny that NDSU is the bad partner, when it's a UNI fan who says they will take their lumps and like it!

YSU isn't going to side with the Summit teams. It's why the MVC has the strength over the Summit teams.

YSU was in the league for a decade before NDSU and SDSU showed up. YSU and the MVC schools have a very good relationship. Barring a CAA/MAC invite YSU knows the MVFC is it's best home and will protect it, and the fellow MVC schools.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VU2014 » April 19th, 2017, 12:34 pm

The MVC and MVFC are two separate entities. No the MVC and MVFC will NOT experiencing realignment.

Back to the Non-Football Conference talk folks. Give it a rest.
VU2014
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby NDB » April 19th, 2017, 1:03 pm

This.
NDB
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Veritas » April 19th, 2017, 1:04 pm

unipanther99 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
You are misleading. You didn't include the comment from AsianSensation to which I replied.

If the MVC and MVFC are ultimately the same, her comment expedited the departure of WSU. If she would have responded with a positive remarks on the inclusion of WSU football, who knows what could have happened 3-5-10 years from now. However, her negative remarks were the final nail in the coffin.
Are you better now as a conference?

Are you suggesting WSU would have said no to the AAC if Patty Viverito had been nicer to WSU about football?

I don't know that, but it is now pretty apparent what occurred by not trying to work with WSU.
We will never know now what might have been. The MVFC commissioner needs to reflect.
Veritas
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Drakey » April 19th, 2017, 8:22 pm

I hope the people running this conference aren't really giving football ANY consideration in what they want to do. I'm guessing that they are not, and that it is just a few people on this board that think it matters.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball